Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set Get Parcel UDP Properties for existing general classification

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
eadonan
684 Views, 3 Replies

Set Get Parcel UDP Properties for existing general classification

This is similar if not the exact question asked in a previous post, although great information the previous answer was for custom UDP's not the existing General UDP's.

I need to get/set the user defined property for the existing properties; Parcel Number, Parcel Address, Parcel Tax ID under the classification "General".

UDPProp.PNG

The process doesn't work the same as when accessing custom parcel UDP. For that I used

Dim parcelUDPLocation As AeccUserDefinedPropertyClassification = _
oAeccDB.ParcelUserDefinedPropertyClassifications.Item(0)

to get the classification, then

Dim valueUDP = parcelUDPLocation.UserDefinedProperties.Item(0)

If valueUDP.Name = "_state" Then
parcelUDP.state = oAeccParcel.GetUserDefinedPropertyValue(valueUDP)

to access the properties. The actual code is looping through all the classifications and properties to set the appropriate values.

This is obvious when attempting to access the internal properties; ie Parcel Number, Parcel Address, Parcel Tax ID the classification is not even available if when using similar methods as above. So it must be a different approach.

I also looked around with accessing the UDP properties from the AeccSite.Parcels.Properties.GetUserDefinedPropertyClassification, but I need more information to go forward.

As always, any help is appreciated.

Eric

Civil 3D 2012 64bit

Win 7 Enterprise

VS2010 Pro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: eadonan

Eric, I have been unable to find a method to access those properties. I've long since abandoned them and just add my own.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 4
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi Eric,

Looks like these properties are not exposed through API.
I will check with my colleagues if there exists any workaround; otherwise I need to log an API wish list for the same.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 4 of 4
eadonan
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff,

I didn't have my hopes too high, but thought it would be very nice for my purposes to be able to use the "Address" field to concatenate with the "Number" field in the name template to use as the name for our tracts and display correctly in the parcel label. Looks like I'll add a few more functions and create the name field programmatically.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report