Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample Multiple Surfaces for Multiple Alignments

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
dasindog
404 Views, 3 Replies

Sample Multiple Surfaces for Multiple Alignments

I need to figure out a way to sample multiple surfaces for multple alignments.

Example 1: I am creating cross sections for a river dredge showing the pre-dredge bathymetry, design dredge elevation, and post-dredge bathymetry results. I have 100's of alignments that I need to sample 3 surfaces and display in profile view. Due to the clients requirements for display, using the cross section tools don't work for me, so I have resorted to using a seperate alignment for each cross section.

Example 2: Working in a subdivision with many utility alignments it would save quite a bit of time to be able to choose a group of alingments and sample multple surfaces in just a few clicks. 

I am thinking since this is such a redundant process that it could be easily scripted. Does anyone have any experience with this?

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JonRusk
in reply to: dasindog

If you know .NET it can be done with Profile.CreateFromSurface.

There is an example in the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 API Developer's Guide "Creating a Profile From a Surface"

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=19337648&linkID=9240698

Would have to modifiy it to iterate through selected alignments and add each selected surface.

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600
Message 3 of 4
dasindog
in reply to: JonRusk

Thanks for that. I was hoping someone had already done the work for me. It's definitely time for a mid-years resolution to dig in and start working with .NET

I follow Chrisotpher at civil3dreminders but do you know of any other necessary resources for .net programming?

-Dustin
Civil 3D 2013 64 bit SP1
Windows 7 Pro 64
Intel Xeon 2.93GHz
24GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
explodetheblock.wordpress.com
Message 4 of 4
JonRusk
in reply to: dasindog

This looks like a really good place to start...

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1911627

Civil 3D 2013 - Windows 7 Pro 64 - Dell T3500 - Xeon 2.67 - 24gb - Quadro 600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report