Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports customization - NE in Points Station Offset Report 2013/2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
kwielin
771 Views, 4 Replies

Reports customization - NE in Points Station Offset Report 2013/2012

Hello, I'm looking for advice why when I modify Civil reports nothing happens.

I open the file:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Data\Reports\Net\Source\C3DReports.sln

by VS Express 2013

I have tried also C3DReports.vbproj

I open them and I modify the code in the PointsStaOffset_ExtractData.vb and ReportForm_PointsStaOffset.vb.

Unfortunately after that when I try to create a report in Civil nothing changes. 

I want to add coordinates to the Point Stationing Offset Report. I'm using Civil 2013 and 2012

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong? Even when i change the names of the files raports generate without problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: kwielin

Are you building new dll's after making your edits? Are you sure the newly built dll is being saved to the same location that the Report is pointing to in the Toolbox? Do you close C3D and restart it (the only way to flush out an already loaded dll is to close and reopen C3D)?
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
kwielin
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks a lot. Finally I have report as I needed

Message 4 of 5
cbaildon001
in reply to: kwielin

Hi Kwielin

I'm glad someone has done this, our reseller and support provider, "those Toolbox reports are very complicated at you have found out. I do not know of anyone who has successfully made a new one and when we have asked Autodesk to do it for us, even they do not want to do it." So not too helpful.

I would be very grateful if you could share the report with us or give us some guidance.

Regards

Caleb Baildon
Senior Surveyor
Opus International Consultants Ltd
Wellington, New Zealand
Civil3D 2015 - Windows10
Message 5 of 5

There are people out there that do perform report customizations. First I'd look at some solutions that may already provide a workable solution. If they don't provide an adequate solution then I'd look for a person to create one for you. I have been known on occassion to modify the reports for people. You can also find quite a few examples on my blog http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report