Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pipe & Structure Hatch

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
gccdaemon
1516 Views, 10 Replies

Pipe & Structure Hatch

Is ther a way to set the hatch for structures and pipe to the back of pipe & structure linework?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
MREveretts
in reply to: gccdaemon

I'd like to know this too...
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous

Could you upload a screenshot highlighting 'how it is set now ' ?

And do you want this to achieve this using API / programming or using UI tools / commands only ?

Thanks,

Message 4 of 11
gccdaemon

The attached picture shows with hatch on and with hatch off. You can see how much is missed with the hatch on. As far as where the hatch display order setting should reside, I think they should be in the Hatch options area in plan, profile, and section tabs of the pipe style and structure style boxes. Also a section under the summary tab would be useful.

I'm not sure that having the hatch in front of the linework would be beneficial at all, but the option should remain in case you wanted to disply it as demo.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Try using different hatch pattern like (user defined etc.) and it will look alright. Since you are using solid hatch pattern for Pipe hatch, this is covering the linework etc. See the screesnhot below -

Userdefined_Hatch_for_Pipe.png

Does it help ?

Thanks,

Partha

Message 6 of 11
gccdaemon
in reply to: Anonymous

I could but then what is the point of having a sold hatch option? The problem is the hatch display order which is embedded in the programming. The -HATCH command has a display order option, so why can't this be integrated into the style?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

I would suggest you to submit a product feature enhancement wish list so that its considered in future enhancement.

Thanks,

Partha

Message 8 of 11
JA5.15

To my recollection this 'feature enhancement' *cough* was requested over 3 years ago with no response. Draw order control would be classified as lowest-level base functionality in my mind, the sort of control I would expect with any drafting or graphics program above MSpaint. 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: JA5.15

Is it possible to set your default BHATCH options to "set behind" before generating the structures and pipes?

I don't know if this will help, but I do remember a similar thing happening when I was puzzled why my existing grade profile lines in my profile views were not showing as hidden, when I noticed that my PLINEGEN setting was off. After fixing that it generated hidden linestyles in profile correctly.

Message 10 of 11
gccdaemon

It's not related. It comes down to the way they code in the hatching of the structres and pipes. The patterns are added after the linework is in, and it doesn't use the BHATCH command to create these.

FYI the variable you're looking for is HPDRAWORDER.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

i would recommend using the dot hatch pattern. Make it dense so it appears solid, but should still be able to see lifework behind. a little late, i know, but...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report