AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization

Contributor
Message 1 of 3 (254 Views)

Part Builder - Structure Height

254 Views, 2 Replies
01-24-2010 11:41 AM
I am trying to learn Part Builder to create a custom inlet structure. I am able to build the part in Part Builder so it looks like it should and seems to work correctly when I change part sizes. I run into trouble when I try to change the model parameter for Structure Height (SBSH) to a formula invovling Rim to Sump Height (SRS). When I do this and then go to Edit Size Parameters, I get an error " one or more calculations have failed". It does not seem to make any difference what formula I use for SBSH or what size parameter or model parameter SBSH was set to before I entered the formula.

I am able to save the part without any other error messages, however, when I look at the .xml file, SBSH is a constant and not the formula I entered. I can edit the .xml file to enter the formula that I want but still the part does not function properly in a drawing.

I can make a pipe network using the new structure, however, the pipe inverts are not the same as the sump elevation of the structure. They are usually several feet below the sump. I can get the structure sump to match the pipe inverts by going to "Connected Pipes" under "Edit Structure Properties", highlighting the pipe invert elevation and then clicking "Apply". If you change the pipe using "Edit pipe properties" after this, the structure invert does not update as it should.

Can anyone help me with the proper procedure to get the formula for SBSH correct?
PFHeller
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: Part Builder - Structure Height

10-03-2012 11:27 AM in reply to: brianmastbergen7071

I am getting this problem as well....I have even opened a standard part and copied and pasted the correct equation from there to my new part....and it still doesn't work. Anyone have a solution?

Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: Part Builder - Structure Height

10-09-2012 05:46 AM in reply to: brianmastbergen7071

This issue has been reported to Autodesk for C3D 2013. I had the same problem when I was trying to change my wall thickness I go the same error. So since I could only set one constant wall thickness, I just add the difference to my structure inner width and length (SIL/SIW). For example. Most of my structures walls are 6 inches but I have a 7' junction box with 8 inch walls. To fix this issue, besides using 84" for the inner dimension (SIW/SIL) for my box, I used 84.34 inches. Now my outer structure limits are correct. Maybe you can try this method. 

Tony

CAD Manager

www.tonyscivil3dworld.blogspot.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs