Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

.NET on C3D 2012 SP1

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Sinc
1129 Views, 7 Replies

.NET on C3D 2012 SP1

Has anyone tried building a .NET app on C3D 2012 SP1 yet?

I'm trying, and I keep getting errors.  No matter what I do, Visual Studio can't load AecXBase or AecXUIBase.

Sinc
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
gjrcmb
in reply to: Sinc

I confirmed the problem you are describing.  I am using Microsoft Visual C# 2010 Express.  When I create a new project and add references to AEC Base 6.7 Object Library (AecXBase) and AEC Base 6.7 Application Library (AecXUIBase) through the COM tab both references show up with a yellow exclamation icon next to them.  If I try adding the AecXBase.dll and AecXUIBase.dll by using the Browse tab when adding references I get the attached error messages.  I also notice that if I just try to add the AEC Base 6.7 Application Library through the COM tab that references for both dll show up with the yellow exclamations as opposed to just the AecXUIBase reference.

Message 3 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: Sinc

Workaround that SEEMS to be working so far for me..... There are 2 values that have been changed in the Registry which reference the TLB's. Looking at the same entries for 2011 and 2010, none of these differ from the original install, so I figured 2012 should be the same. After changing them, I can now build the projects without having to re-reference the libraries. And, so far, C3D2012 seems to be working without error as well.

In the Registry look for this Key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\{E8BEE100-BF69-431B-9153-1FF0DEF8F613}\6.7

Under this is an entry for PrimaryInteropAssemblyName and this has a value of:

Autodesk.AEC.Interop.UIBase, Version=6.7.107.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d672471c03b2c408

Change that 6.7.107.0 to 6.7.49.0

THere is one other key value, one or two entries from this one, that also needs to be changed. Once these 2 are corrected, all the SP1 build issues are gone for me.

Hope that helps....and doesn't hurt anything in the process.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi,

I can't confirm, but my way to work with the references is different to standard, maybe this is a help for someone:

When I get a new AutoCAD/Map3D/Civil3D-version I do first create a test-project, within that I reference everything that could be referenced and against all warnings ==> I set "copy local" to TRUE and compile this project.

After that I go to the folder where the bin-output is stored and copy these files to a own structure for references. That looks about this:

INTEROPs

+--18_00

+--18_00x64

+--18_01

+--18_01x64

MGD

+--18_00

+--18_00x64

+--18_01

+--18_01x64

And under these release-directories I have splitted between AutoCAD, Map, Civil, ...

For the next projects I create with VS2010 I don't use the references to the DLLs or TLBs in the AutoCAD-directory or to the listing of what is saved in GAC, I use the *.DLLs from the MGD-folder or the *Interop.DLL from the INTEROPs-folder.

The big advantage is that whenever Autodesk modifies some function-signatures (and therefor built-numbers) between releases I don't fall into the trap. I'm always able to compile a project for 2010 with the signatures of the references of 2010.

I began with that at a version of AutoCAD where they mixed som parts in updates in the programs-shared folder, if I remember right it was 2009, when installing 2009 on a pc also having 2008 installed the 2008-libs were replaced (in 2008 there would have to load some objects with version 17.02). And then also the projects had a problem when I give the application I compiled to a user of 2008 he could not drive my app because of incompatible signatures within the referenced parts.

So since then I have saved all DLL's and INTEROPs and can also compile to AutoCAD/Map/Civil-versions that I have NOT installed. šŸ˜‰

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
Partha.Sarkar

Hi All,

We have already noticed it and our engineering team is currently working towards a fix for this issue. QA team needs to test the fix before we can make it available for all. Sorry for the inconvenience. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 6 of 8
mjsmith
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

Has there been any resolution on this issue?

Thanks,

Michael J.Smith

Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: mjsmith

See THIS post for the fix.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 8 of 8
mjsmith

Thanks Jeff I found the reg fix posted on ADN. But it's good to see that you migrated the info out for others to have access to. Your efforts are very much appreciated!!!!

Gracias Amigo,

Michael J. Smith

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report