Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intersect with MassElement - Pipes.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
MikeEvansUK
235 Views, 0 Replies

Intersect with MassElement - Pipes.

Ok so I know the technical answer is to use Navisworks Manage but I'm not switching apps to design pipework and I have not got £7K so I need annother solution.

I am trying to use the pipe.intersectwith function to interact with a MassElement (converted from a Sat file from RevitStructure)

I have pipcked the network and mass element, iterated through the network to each pipe and then run intersectwith. Initially I used the Com version VarPts = Opipe.intersectwith(entity,extend.none) but this seems not to like the mass element. I also tried the Net version but I cant find out how this is applied and what I would return (I need a coordinate XYZ)

I tried importing and defining the AecMassElement and got an error due to referances.

Still not sure what the best way to go about this is. All I would like to do it to scan through the network and test each pipe and structure for an intersection with the MassElement object and report and insert a block where the intersection is.

I have a simmilar function working for a line Vs. Surface whereby it reports the position of an intersection so I know that for the most part the code is correct apart from the interaction between these objects.

Any ideas of pointers would be greatfully accepted.

Regards

Mike

Mike Evans

Civil3D 2022 English
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820 CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz With 32768MB RAM, AMD FirePro V4900, Dedicated Memory: 984 MB, Shared Memory: 814 MB

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report