Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Civil Styles and Settings from another drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aberry
642 Views, 1 Reply

Importing Civil Styles and Settings from another drawing

Hello,

I need some help figuring out exactly where my issue is.

I created an office template complete with some custom Civil Styles for surface styles, point styles, etc. Our template is 6.83MB without anything in it. I have narrowed the cause of this massive template size to the styles after wblocking out the entire drawing (it now saves at 536KB). Problem is, now I have no styles.

We are working in Metric, ACAD Civil 2012. 2012 now has the option to import civil styles from other drawings, which I tried. I imported from our old template and got a lot of Warnings like this:

Alignment: Trail along Westney Road
Profile: TEMP proposed grade - use corridors - Surface (40)
Assembly: 2.4m Asphalt Path FULL NO SWALE
Assembly Baseline:
Subassembly Group: 3m
Local Subassembly Name: BasicSideSlopeCutDitch
Global Subassembly Name: DAYLIGHT LEFT - (16) (3) (1)
Assembly: C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2012\enu\\C3DStockSubassemblies.dll
.Net Class: Subassembly.BasicSideSlopeCutDitch
Source:

This is from another drawing referencing a specific alignment/corridor which is of course not in the template. When I first set up the template, the only way to import styles that I could find other than manually doing them all again was to browse for the file in the point marker setting. This imported all styles from that drawing. The drawing that the warnings are referencing was a drawing that I had developed the Office Standard styles I needed, and imported into the template. It worked, but obviously imported more than just the styles and increased the file size.

Secondly, after these warnings appeared, the styles had not actually imported and the file size jumped back up to 6.3MB.

Is there a way to isolate the styles that I need to import and fix this template using the wblock? There are too many to manually find and do them all over again.

I had purged, -purged, audited, deleted scales and everything I could before wblocking.

Thanks,

A

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Jeff_M
in reply to: aberry

Check your available blocks in the template. It sounds like you may still have the point marker style set to be using the drawing you were importing from. Change that point style to use a vaild marker, then purge the dwg block.

If you'd like for someone to take a look at it for you, you can send the bloated dwt to me at: miff AT sonic DOT net

Might be too late now, but there have been third party options available to import styles for a while (long before C3D2012) which may have saved you from some of these issues.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report