Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Surface Spot Elevation Label w/ dynamic location (North/East/South/West)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
enalt_cet
755 Views, 2 Replies

Help! Surface Spot Elevation Label w/ dynamic location (North/East/South/West)

I know that I can add coordinates for such elevation using text component editor but I have to add the letter "N" for North or "E" for East to identify the location of the elevation. But, is there a way to make a label style that reads up the location of an elevation automatically?

I've attached pictures below for this issue.

Tlane

C3D 2012, C3D 2013
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: enalt_cet

Hi ctarun_Civil, welcome to the forums.

First off, the forum you posted to is for programming with the Civil 3D API, not for questions regarding general styles and such. These are better asked in the main C3D forum where thare are foar more people around who may be able to respond quicker.

Second, I'm not sure I follow what you want. NSEW from what? Typically coordinates are shown as Northings & Eastings based on some coordinate system. You may be able to get what you want, assuming that the W & S are negative coordinates, using exprssions and multiple Text Components.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3
enalt_cet
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks Jeff_M 🙂

And Opps, I didn't know I was on Customization section. I will see if I can figure a way to move to the right forum.

Anyhow, I guess what I should be asking is how to generate an expression to show the quadrant location of the coordinate as for the prefix of each coordinate. ie. N. 1+239  W. 1+239  etc.

Tlane

C3D 2012, C3D 2013
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report