Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an Assemly to follow a Top of Curb Profile

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dwcouch123
1008 Views, 4 Replies

Getting an Assemly to follow a Top of Curb Profile

I am trying to get a street assembly to follow a top of curb profile.  The profile is at the face of curb.  The centerline of the street is my assembly target profile and alignment.  I do not want to create an alignment for the curb.  The curb profile is based on the centerline alignment.  I can't figure out how to get a link that will track the curb profile at the face of curb. Any ideas out there??

Dave

Set Curb Profile.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Try this:

1. Add a generic "LinkWidthAndSlope" from the center line to the back of curb point where the slope of the link is controlled by the curb profile.

2. Add the curb and lane to that, working them back towards the center line.

3. Once it is working, turn off the display of the generic link (or change it's link code so it doesn't draw in model).

4. Rinse and Repeat for the other side of the road.

The generic link could also use a polyline/feature line/survey figure/aligment to control the width if you need widening, but the profile of the curb is still set by the curb profile on the centerline.

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

Peter, that seems to work as advertised.  All of my profiles are to face of curb, not back of curb, but for the 0.01' difference, I think I can live with it.  Now I just need to go back and update all of my street assemblies.  Thank you for the tip. I have been struggling with how to have curb profiles control my corridor without creating separate alignments.  For curved streets, the stationing for the curb needs to follow the centerline stationing,even if the curb length is greater or shorter than the centerline.  Thanks again, this is a great help in putting together our plans.

Dave 

Message 4 of 5

Try this:

1. Make the generic link to the inside face of the curb (take 6" off the link)

2. Move the curb from so that the inside face is at the end of the link. What this does is apply a DeltaXY to the curb (6" out and 0.01' up) from the end of the link.

3. Attach the line to the inside of the curb pan.

This should make it work exactly the way that you want it to.

Cheers,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 5
dwcouch123
in reply to: dwcouch123

Peter, thanks for the update.  Actually, for the TC elevation, either way works, since the Curb assembly is flat along the top of curb, not sloped at 2% as is typical here.  However, your new approach will make more sense for everyone else.  I wasn't sure you could attach the curb at the Face of curb point.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report