Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Express Tools Unable to load

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
llytton
2650 Views, 5 Replies

Express Tools Unable to load

AutoCAD Message
**Express Tools** - Unable to load acetauto.lsp/fas
bad argument type: consp "edittime"

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: llytton

Looks like Express Tools weren't installed but AutoTurn uses one of it's functions. May need to install/reinstall ET.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 6
llytton

I don't understand.  I had an Autoturn Demo on my old PC w/ LDT 2007.  This is a brand new laptop and has never had anything Autotrun on it.  I have installed, uninstalled, reinstalled about 6 times now.  Sucks being an old cad guy in a new cad guy world...

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_M

I said Autoturn because the image you posted appeared to have some Autoturn created geometry in it. Regradless, it appears something is trying to use an Express Tools function and cannot. When you perform the install, do you make sure the check box to include Express Tools is checked?

Can you copy the contects of the Textscreen command history? It may reveal a better clue as to what is going on.

Don't fret, there are plenty of us old Cad guys around.... Smiley Happy

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 6
hencoop
in reply to: Jeff_M

I know that this is old but I see this all the time.  It doesn't happen until well into my workday usually.  I always thought it resulted from how I use (perhaps overuse) memory in the apps I've written.  It seems that lisp memory may be too full when it happens.

I work with SDI=1 so that the variables I set in memory will be available after opening a new drawing.  I depend upon lots of values being stored in memory and pushing and popping them from the BB would be too much work.  I have a Pipeline Design app that stores hundreds of variables for each design and maintains two active designs at once.  When I am working with this app the problem happens more frequently that at other times.  It still seems to make no difference in my work but sometimes, usually well after the error message, my app will stop working properly and some commands it had defined will become undefined.  I have just always thought it was AutoCAD running out of lisp memory.

I don't usually see any ill effects besides the error message but I rarely use the Express Tools functions.  When I do see an ill effect (like things I need quit working) I just close and restart AutoCAD and all is well again.

It has never caused any serious problem as far as I know.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 6 of 6
EPricePWUED
in reply to: hencoop

I have this problem, seemingly more frequent recently, with this as well.  I will be using an express command like Modify Text or Align Space and I will suddenly get a "Cannot Invoke...."

The only fix I know is save, close, reopen.  Kind of a hassle, but just want to know if there is a better fix just for my own knowledge.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report