Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception when getting IAeccApplication after upgrading Civil3D 2014 to SP1

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jordanmarr
409 Views, 2 Replies

Exception when getting IAeccApplication after upgrading Civil3D 2014 to SP1

I am getting the following exception when I try to instantiate an instance of the IAeccApplication after installing SP1 on Civil3D 2014:

"Unhandled Exception 6E73E188 (Access Violation Reading 0x0028) at address D330DD9Eh"

Here is the call that causes the exception:

AcadApplication acadApp = GetAcadApp();

IAeccApplication app = (IAeccApplication)acadApp.GetInterfaceObject("AeccXUiLand.AecccApplication.10.3");

Jordan

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jordanmarr
in reply to: jordanmarr

I should also add that if I hit the OK button on the exception dialog a few times, the code will continue executing and the IAeccApplication object appears to be instantiated.
Message 3 of 3
jordanmarr
in reply to: jordanmarr

I found the problem, which I will share in case anyone has a similar problem, although it is a little embarassing:  Smiley Embarassed

I was debugging by setting my UI project in Visual Studio "Start extrnal program:" to "%programfiles%\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\acad.exe".

At some point before running and debugging my application I manually opened "Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D as AutoCAD 2014", which caused subsequent debug runs of my application to launch vanilla AutoCAD 2014 instead of Civil3D.  Being new to Civil3D, I did not notice the subtle difference between the "A" icon in the top left corner (Civil3D is blue while Acad is red), nor did I notice the missing C3D tool pallette.

Consequently, when I tried to netload my app, it would throw a few exceptions but would still load (partially).  Some things would work, but then others would fail.  

Hopefully this will help someone (maybe me 6 months from now when I forget and stumble across my own Q/A thread).  

Jordan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report