Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Determine XY location of a surface label?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
BMcAnney
520 Views, 6 Replies

Determine XY location of a surface label?

I need to extract the XY location of a surface label. Specifically, I am trying to determine the coordinates of the first picked point in a two-point slope label. But in looking at the IAeccSurfaceSlopeLabel interface in the ActiveX documentation, I'm not seeing where this data is stored. Even for a simple surface spot elevation label (IAeccSurfaceElevationLabel) I don't see a property that stores the coordinates.

Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Thank you!

Brent McAnney

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jeff_M
in reply to: BMcAnney

THe COM API does not give access to that info. However, with .NET you can get both Location and Location2 properties for the first & second points.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 7
BMcAnney
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks, Jeff! I have a fairly simple task, so I was hoping to complete this quickly via lisp. But I will take a stab at this tomorrow in .NET.

Message 4 of 7
BMcAnney
in reply to: Jeff_M

Could you point me to the class representing the surface slope label? I'm not having any luck so far even finding the proper class to TryCast my selection set objects to.

Message 5 of 7
BMcAnney

Well I just found this: http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/API_Reference_Guide/html/cb79636c-e90e-def7-7e03-005d9400d92...

But I am working in Civil 3D 2011, and that class doesn't seem to exist (at least not in that location). Am I missing something, or is this only possible with newer versions of the API?

Message 6 of 7
Jeff_M

Here's a LINK to the help for this object. oops, guess you found it before I posted.

You will need a call to Import Autodesk.Civil.Land.DatabaseServices (2012) or Autodesk.Civil.DatabaseServices (2013)

For older versions, this wasn't yet added.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 7
christopher

You can also get the grip points of the object and use it to find where the label is at. I thought I had an example of it in a blog post, but it looks like I didn't create one. There's a post somewhere either in this group or .NET one where Tony Tanzillo mentioned it in response to one of my questions.

Christopher

http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report