Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corridors with Non-Concentric Targets

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MarkPendergraft
409 Views, 2 Replies

Corridors with Non-Concentric Targets

I'm trying to figure out if corridors can support non concentric targets correctly through custom sub-assemblies.  The stock sub assemblies only generate geometry perpendicular to the centerline rather than radial to the target polyline or feature line.  I'm wondering if a custom sub assembly can do this, or if other people have solved the problem via a different solution.  Attached are some photos illustrating what I'm referring to.

In "WhatCivilDoes.png" you can see that the corridor extends 0.5' from the flowline perpendicular to the centerline.

In "What I Would Hope to Achieve.png" the Corridor would extend 0.5' radially to the flowline.  This is how the geometry would be generated in a perfect world.

While the difference between the two isn't huge (0.32' is the worst in the above examples), it's enough to make it unusable.

Thanks for the help and/or ideas.

-Mark P.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jeff_M
in reply to: MarkPendergraft

This is what AssemblyOffsets are for.

AssemblyOffset.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 3

Thanks Jeff!  I feel kinda stupid now though.  As a surveyor, I'm definitely behind the curve when it comes to corridors.  When I asked the engineering department how to accomplish this they told me they didn't know how.

As always I appreciate the help.

-Mark P.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report