Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D2011(x64) and LDT Project data

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jeff_M
415 Views, 4 Replies

C3D2011(x64) and LDT Project data

I know that C3D can read the project data (Points, Import Project Database), but the method I've used up until 2011(x64) no longer works (ADO.NET and the MS.Jet.OLEDB.4.0 Provider). What method is C3D using in 2011 to read the mdb files? Is this accessible for us to use in our code? How?

Peter? Nick? 

Thanks!

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nzeeben
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

I am confused what about your old method is failing now?  I would have to check to be sure, but our conversion likely runs using either a private COM api or our also private out of proc x86 service.  

Afraid neither of those are going to help you, if you can explain what is failing perhaps I can help more.

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 3 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: nzeeben

Hi Nick, thanks for looking. This code works in C3D2008-2010 and 2011(x86). It fails in 2011(x64) where shown.

OleDbConnectionStringBuilder connStr = new OleDbConnectionStringBuilder();
                    connStr.Add("Provider","Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0");
                    connStr.Add("Data Source", datapath);
                    OleDbConnection dbConn = new OleDbConnection(connStr.ConnectionString); <<<<<Fails here 
                    dbConn.Open();

The error message is along the lines of "Microsoft.Jet.4.0" is not registered, and seems to be a very popular Google search (attempting to access Access db's within a 64 bit application is evidently something MS didn't count on).

And in answer to "what are you using this for?"....right now it is just for grabbing the Point Group definitions and importing them to C3D. I was hoping to expand that to import just the points defined by specific point groups at some point, but haven't yet had a chance to work on that. Without the ability to do so going forward, I may have to shelve that plan.....or get smarter in the Database arena so I can write my own converter.

EESignature
Message 4 of 5
nzeeben
in reply to: Jeff_M

Jeff,

Until very recently microsoft did not have x64 version of the Jet components available.  This is what you are running into.  I have not tested it, but you may be able to use the newly available components to get around that.  http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=C06B8369-60DD-4B64-A44B-84B371EDE16D&dis... I did read a note that these dont like to sit beside a x32 build of office 2010 so if you have that configuration it still doesnt resolve your issues.

Nick Zeeben
Group Product Manager
Message 5 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: nzeeben

Thanks, Nick. Yes, I saw that also. But since most users won't have Office x64 installed, I don't think it's something I can build with and have work on customer's machines. Which gets me back to.....how'd you guys do it 🙂 

Thanks again, and have a Merry Christmas!

Oh, on a slightly different subject, any hint of where that download is that we usually see before Christmas???

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report