Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C3D 2012 Sampleline Station change

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
kbarnettza
464 Views, 6 Replies

C3D 2012 Sampleline Station change

Greetings,

C3D 2012

c#

I am trying to change the station of a sample line with code.

I could not find the property in the managed reference, but it appears to be available in the COM.

COM help under SampleLine properties:

LockToStation.. Gets or sets the boolean value that specifies whether the sample line is locked to the station.

Station ...  Gets or sets the alignment station for this sample line.

In my code I set LockTostation to false then alter the station value, but ... the SampleLine station does not change.

What have I missed?

Thx.

Kevin.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Partha.Sarkar
in reply to: kbarnettza

Hi Kevin,

It seems you have taken the right steps. Check if you have given a valid Station value.

I have blogged a code snippet here :

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/infrastructure/2012/11/editing-station-property-of-a-sampleline-using-...

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 7
kbarnettza
in reply to: Partha.Sarkar

The only difference I can see is ... You have a trans.commit() line after the sample station property setting. I do not have transaction defined in my code, did not know it was needed for COM. I could not see the definition of the trans variable in the example. How is it defined? Thx, Kevin..
Message 4 of 7
Partha.Sarkar

Dim trans As Transaction = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Thanks,

Partha Sarkar
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 5 of 7
kbarnettza

I have now tested the code on new drawings, the code works, sample line stations update/change.. it is not working in the work drawing where I need it to work… will post when I discover the problem preventing the station change..

Message 6 of 7
kbarnettza

Aha!!! The alignment has station equations when I remove some the problem is resolved in the region without station equations ... will continue research tomoro ...

Message 7 of 7
kbarnettza

Problem located ... the station equation were 'incorrect' like this:

staeq.PNG

C3D/the API refuses to change the sample line object stations in these regions UNTIL all columns (raw station back, station back, and station ahead) have the same values - then it works ..  like this ..

x1.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report