Community
Civil 3D Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding VIEWBASE command to Civil 3D 2013

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
knmdk
1079 Views, 3 Replies

Adding VIEWBASE command to Civil 3D 2013

To my frustration the VIEWBASE command and other AutoCAD 2013 cool new tools for creating views aren't included in Civil 3D 2013. When you enter command you get error "AcModelDoc.arx is missing"

So I've installed AutoCAD 2013 trial and took

- "ModelDoc.cuix" & "ModelDoc.mnr" from "C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English\enu\Support"

- AcModelDoc.arx from "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013 - English"

Then I put the files to similar directories of my Civil 3D 2013 installation. The Layout menu got updated itself and now I can see all new buttons and commands on the Ribbon. However none of new commands work! No error appeares in command line but message "command not found".

Is there any way I can get it working? Or I should ask Autodesk to gift me a free copy of AutoCAD 2013 now?

P.S. I know they've even poinet that out in readme file (http://docs.autodesk.com/CIV3D/2013/ENU/readme_civil.html). But who reads it before it's too late?..

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: knmdk

Hi,

It's correct that VIEWBASE command or related AutoCAD Model Documentation feature is not available in Civil 3D and this has been mentioned in some of the documents as you pointed here.

Since this has nothing to do with API / customization, I would suggest you to submit a wish list / request on this in Civil 3D user forum or with Autodesk Product support team.

Thanks,

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: knmdk

in addition to Partha's suggestion to use the correct forum for posts, have a look at THIS response to a similar question posted a few weeks ago.  

Based on this, do you really need the Viewbase command?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
knmdk
in reply to: Anonymous

ParthaPS wrote: 

Since this has nothing to do with API / customization, I would suggest you to submit a wish list / request on this in Civil 3D user forum or with Autodesk Product support team.

I believe finding a way to adding any missing feature is customization in it's way. I just thought it could be done easy way...

@Jeff_M wrote:

in addition to Partha's suggestion to use the correct forum for posts, have a look at THIS response to a similar question posted a few weeks ago.  

Based on this, do you really need the Viewbase command?

Well yep I need it. Because believe it or not I'm doing not only civil engeneering but some 3D designing too. I see no point in buying a separate and expensive software (which will take another 10GB of my SSD) to get up to date with all the features. There's absolutely no point Autodesk removed the command from Civil 3D.

I will be adding this to my long wish list in the group you specified. However if someone finds a workaround and posts it, it would really make my day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report