Converting .CTB files

by Alumni TBasich ‎02-27-2013 01:04 PM - edited ‎02-27-2013 01:15 PM

PROBLEM: You need to convert a .CTB plot style file to a .STB file, or vice versa.

RESOLUTION: To convert a .ctb drawing to a .stb drawing, use the CONVERTPSTYLES command. To convert a .stb drawing to a .ctb drawing use the same command (CONVERTPSTYLES).

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎05-12-2013 05:41 AM

When converting a file from color-dependent plot styles [.CTB] to named plot styles [.STB], a "mapping" .STB file is required.  A mapping .STB file is created by using the CONVERTCTB command to convert the plot styles in a .CTB file to an .STB file.  A named plot style is created for each unique group of settings in the .CTB file, and then a mapping table indicating the named plot style that corresponds to each color is saved in the mapping .STB file, so that initial named plot styles can be assigned when converting a drawing file from .CTB to .STB using the CONVERTPSTYLES command.

In the converted .STB file, you can leave the plot styles "as is" and use the mapping .STB file to plot, to get the same results you would have gotten if you had plotted the original .CTB-based file with the .CTB file used to create the mapping .STB file.  If you have an .STB file that you typically use for plotting, you will need to manually change the named plot styles to the appropriate ones from your .STB file.  Using a script file that creates your standard layers with the desired plot style is one way of partially automating the post-conversion process.

by unjuhan on ‎10-04-2013 02:51 PM

I downloaded & instslled student version Autocad Architecture 2014 English verision, my proffesor told me that I must needed US Imperial not the English Metrics. How to can I solve the problem?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs

Contributors