I want to take a rectancular cubed volume, rotate it horizontally half way up the vertical axis of the cube by 45 degrees, then flip/extrude the entire volume through 90 degrees vertically. The attached jpeg illustrates what I would like to model. If anybody can help it would be much appreciated. I challenge you all to try and model this 3d object and post back any tips.
1. Create a square (Square "A") polyline in plan view 10' x 10'. Mark the center with a point.
2. Duplicate the square twice. Rotate one 22.5° (Square "B") and the other 45° (Square "C") in plan view.
3. Create an arc that represents the centerline that the shape will twist around in elevation. I made mine a 10' radius 90° arc created by filleting two line segments in 3D.
4. Rotate Square B into position using 3DROTATE around the centerpoint of the arc 45°. Rotate Square C into the 90° position using 3DROTATE.
5. LOFT command. Select each square in order. Hit ENTER once. Type "P" (for Path) and hit ENTER. Select the arc. Hit ENTER.
I think solid modelling is a best way though if you have 12 you have extra surface tools too.
But also you may be able to do it with a structural member since it can have a shape rotated and also curved. Sorry no time to try it myself.
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets