AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layer visibility in paperspace

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
haroldbanker8746
39728 Views, 4 Replies

layer visibility in paperspace

I have a nominal 70 layers in model space all of which work properly except 9 which do not appear in the viewport in paperspace even though they are all set with same general parameters other than linetype & color. I also made a custom CTB file which works with the 61 layers but not with the 9 that do not show in paperspace.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Are you saying that you have drawn something on the nine layers on the Model "tab" and can see the objects there, but when you change to a Layout "tab" and set up a viewport, you can not see the objects there?  If so, you may want to check to see if those layers are VPLAYER Frozen in your viewport.  If so, VPLAYER Thaw them in whichever viewports you need them to be visible.  If this happens in all viewports, check the layer properties to see if they are set to be frozen in all newly created viewports (New VP Freeze column in the Layer Properties Manager).

If, on the other hand, you are saying that model space objects on these nine layers show on the Model tab and through viewports on Layout tabs, but any objects on these layers do not show in Paper Space, then check to see if the layers are VPFrozen in the Paper Space viewport.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5

Thanks David! The VPlayer did correct one of the 9 layers but not the others. (All layers had always been turned on in Viewport visibility in the layer manager.)

I did however create a new viewport and all of the non-visible layers did appear. I assume that I did have some frozen in the viewport somehow. I can now create any number of new layers in paperspace and all of the layers appear.

Hal

Message 4 of 5

The viewport visibility settings are unique to each viewport.

If you are in Paper Space on a Layout, then the viewport settings shown in the Layer Manager are for the Paper Space viewport.  If you are in the Model Space of a viewport on a Layout, then the Layer Manager viewport settings are for just that specific viewport.  You would have to visit each viewport and make certain all layers are viewport thawed, or use the VPLAYER command, which will allow you to operate on multiple viewports at the same time.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your concern David. I discovered the distinction by trial and error after I created a second viewport yesterday.

Hal

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost