AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getting the xref path of the View from a sheet by selecting the viewport.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
gpuerini
593 Views, 1 Reply

getting the xref path of the View from a sheet by selecting the viewport.

I'm using standard ACA convension on a construct referenced into a "view" and that "view" dragged and dropped from the project navigator onto a "sheet".

This view is then clipped as needed.

There are actually several "views", each with their own viewport, laid out on the sheet.

In model spaces, these are all ontop of each other, but the viewport only show the contents of it's associated "view".

(sor far this is all nomal ACA)

While in the sheet's paperspace, I need to be able to pick the viewport, and get it's asscoiated "view" xref.

THis articale gets me very close...

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/selecting-model-space-entities-from-paper-space-using-...

However, it gets all the objects in the model space of the sheet (ie , all the xrefs), and what I need is the xref for the partticular viewport.

This seems to unique to ACA, since I cannot seem to manual recreate the same (filter?) that ACA does.

Any help would be appreciated.

GP

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Gary_J_Orr
in reply to: gpuerini

It is also part and parcel of Acad, via the SheetSetManager. It may be possible through dxf codes and backtracking the reactors and dictionaries (from the viewport object itself, not by reaching through the viewport and grabbing the MS entities as that post you referenced does), but for .net and the like you should look into the SheetSetManager api's (this may be further complicated by ACA's "takeover" of the SSM by the Project Navigator). That is where all of the "linking" information is stored.

-Gary

Gary J. Orr
(Your Friendly Neighborhood) CADD/BIM/VDC Applications Manager
http://www.linkedin.com/in/garyorr

aka (current and past user names):
Gary_J_Orr (GOMO Stuff 2008-Present); OrrG (Forum Studio 2005-2008); Gary J. Orr (LHB Inc 2002-2005); Orr, Gary J. (Gossen Livingston 1997-2002)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost