AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best way to share tool palettes?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CarrierSavard
875 Views, 2 Replies

What's the best way to share tool palettes?

ACA 2012

What's the best way to share tool palettes within an office?

I do it through profiles: I Created an 'office' profile (.arg) that I eventually share with every employee in the office. Whenever I add things to the tool palettes, I simply create a new profile for every user.

However, lately not every palette gets transferred. I've done a major reorganisation of the office tool palette and only a very small amount of palettes actually get transferred.

What am I doing wrong?

Pierre P.

ACA 2012
Windows 7
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
3.4GHz - 8GB ram - 64 bit
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doug.mayer
in reply to: CarrierSavard

I've created a set of palettes and added to a tool catalog on a central network location.  I then exported the catalog as a registry file, which could then be merged on each workstation (either manually or by logon script).  This way the contents of the catalog are always up to date with whatever changes/additions I make.  I also preset the palettes within this shared catalog to be linked back to the catalog so when users add the palettes to their workspace, they will always be kept up to date.

Hope this helps,

DM

Doug Mayer, SE
CAD Systems Manager
Message 3 of 3
arcitek
in reply to: doug.mayer

How does one export a catalogue file as a registry file?  Would this work trying to transfer custom tool palettes from an office computer to a home or laptop not connected to the company server?  I am desperately trying to get custom tool palettes to my laptop/ home computer so I can do work from home....like over the current holidays.  I just can't seem to figure it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost