AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall type with batt insulation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jorgeseptien
11031 Views, 4 Replies

Wall type with batt insulation

I don't know if I am getting more impatient with age or if I am not looking hard enough, but I can't seem to find a wall type that has the batt insulation in the middle (you know, the squiggle line representing insulation).  If anyone can offer me that wall, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Jorge

Jorge Septien
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Create a BATT component inside the stud. (Batt wall.jpg)

Use a Thermal & Moisture material, then edit the display properties of the material.   (Batt wall-2.jpg)

The hatch had to be offset a bit to get it centered in the 4" stud.   (Batt wall-3.jpg)

Message 3 of 5
rtate
in reply to: jorgeseptien

Problem solved? I don't think there is a more cryptic way to tell someone how to get batt insulation in a wall. I am looking at "Edit Assembly" and have 9 things in the wall. The structure is Softwood Lumber between Core Boundary and Core Boundary. Now what? Am I in the wrong place? Where is Batt Insulation as a material? Is this even the location I should be dealing with this? Why wouldn't this be the place to deal with it? I am hundreds of hours wasted and thousands of dollars in the hole with Revit. 23 years in architecture, licensed for 11 and can't make a wall type in Revit.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: rtate

Why are you trolling a post from the year 2012?

Start a new post in the correct forum for your exact software package https://forums.autodesk.com/ , share screenshots and/or actual CAD files, elaborate on your exact problem and how anyone way over here who cannot see your screen can replicate it.
Message 5 of 5
adamh
in reply to: rtate

I don't know if you've received an answer on this yet but I was trying to decipher it myself and came up with this solution.

Under components I changed the name on the name on the component that I wanted to add the Batt insulation to to reflect it (Stud-Batt). I then went to the materials tab and selected the component and clicked on the right lower button (Add New Material) and created a name/description (in my case "Thermal Insulation.Batt"). 

I then clicked on the Edit Materials button (just above the last one); under the Display Properties tab and the General Screened (or whichever display you want to use when you see the walls rendered) click on the upper right Display Properties button.

Under the Hatching tab you can select the hatch pattern, select type "Custom", click on "Browse" and under the Custom Tab you should see at the top "Batt_Insulation.pat", select it. You'll want to make sure the angle is set to 0.0, and scale to possibly 5? You can go back and forth until you like the looks of it. In pic 3 of the 2012 response it also had an offset of 1/2", not sure yet what that does.

Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost