AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wall Texture Scale in ACAD 2012 Architecture

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jelamb1325
2103 Views, 6 Replies

Wall Texture Scale in ACAD 2012 Architecture

Trying to develop a rendering of my house. Want walls to show up as brick texture. Got that part OK but brick appears to be HUGE. Need to scale it down to appear normal size. How? Just learning ACAD Architecture so please go through all steps.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
KathyMoffa
in reply to: jelamb1325

Select the Render tab and open Materials Browser.  Locate your material and double click it to open the Materials Editor.  Right-click or double click on the image and select "Edit image" to open the Texture Editor, which allows you to adjust the scale.

However, if you have used one of the many brick wall styles included with the product, I don't know why your scale is wrong.  You should only have to adjut the scale when creating your own materials.  The out-of-the-box wall styles can be found in the Design Tool Catalog accessed from the Insert tab under Content Browser and from the Other tools at the bottom of the Wall palette, which itself contains a number of wall styles with brick already applied.

Message 3 of 7
jelamb1325
in reply to: KathyMoffa

When I try to Render, I get a message that the Medium Image Library is not installed. Could that be the problem. I am seeing a better result by following your methodology.

Message 4 of 7
KathyMoffa

Yes, I would certainly think that would be a problem.  Did you get any error messages regarding the library when you installed the product?  I've seen other postings regarding this subject, so you might do a search and see if you can find a solution.  If not, you might also post the question about the image library on the AutoCAD 2012 forum, as they have a lot more users and the material library is in/from AutoCAD.

Message 5 of 7
jelamb1325
in reply to: KathyMoffa

See Attachment Screen Capture of my project. See how large the brick is on the wall. Can't figure out how to scale it down to look normal. Wall is 10' high and 24' long.

Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

Any chance you somehow got a material that was meant for a metric drawing in an imperial file?  The metric scaling would be about 25.4 times larger, which would make an 8" brick nearly 17' long.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
jelamb1325
in reply to: David_W_Koch

OK, good suggestion. Very possible. I will check into that and make necessary adjustments as required. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost