AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VBA interaction with AecMVBlockRef

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
473 Views, 1 Reply

VBA interaction with AecMVBlockRef

Hi there,

i've been using entities, blocks and attribute references within VBA to access attribute information for block references in AutoCad 2009. This works well and enables me to extract (for onward population of databases and spreadsheets) parameters like room areas, floors and locations etc...

The problem is that we have now upgraded to AutoCAD Architecture, and these blocks are now Multi-view blocks instead.

I am looking for a way to extract the text portions in this modified drawing file, but using xgetdata can only get numbers between 1001 and 1071 - not the data I need.

Anyone succeeded at this kind of block reference interaction?

Any help much appreciated...

Mick
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RichardBinning2010
in reply to: Anonymous

If its a multiviewblock like a door tag or room tag then you'll want to access the schedule data associated with the door or space respectively. You can download the attached vba macro RoomZoom2.

RoomZoom2 displays a userform with a textbox and a command button. When you enter a Room or Space Number and click the "Find" button, it will cycle through all the available space/room objects in the current drawing and any attached xref and zoom your display to center on that space.

Take a look at the code within the macro to see how to:

----- use the acfocus control (allows you to keep the form visible on the screen while you interact with entities within your file.

----- find the schedule property and get the associated object.

Hope that helps,

Richard Binning

P.S. The password for the macro is "AUGI" without the quotes.

Join AUGI.

Richard Binning
Director of BIM Technology

Wakefield Beasley & Associates
5200 Avalon Boulevard
Alpharetta, GA 30009

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost