AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB code to detect if a project is loaded

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
faugustom
551 Views, 10 Replies

VB code to detect if a project is loaded

Hi all!

There is a way to detect is a project is loaded using PSD VB code?

Thank's

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Keith.Brown
in reply to: faugustom

You don't even need vb script in the property set.  Just create a project property definition and choose the Project Name.  If a project is loaded it will contain the name otherwise it will say *NO PROJECT*

Message 3 of 11
faugustom

HI Keith;

That's exactely my problem! I have a formula property let's Day " A + B". "A" is a Project property. If a Project os loaded, the result is OK, but if not, the formula doesn't work because the "*No project*". So I want a code "If result else" to give a value bases if a Project os loaded ir not. Thank's!
Message 4 of 11
faugustom

Something like this:

If project loaded = yes
result = A + B
else
result = B
Message 5 of 11
Keith.Brown

Create two project definitions, the first would be the previous one that I mentioned.  The second will be a formula based definition and enter in something like this.

If [PROJECT NAME] = "*no name*" then

RESULT = B

Else

RESULT = A + B

End If

For [PROJECT NAME] select the the project definition created in step one.

This should give you the results you want as long as you don't name any of your projects "*no name"!  Also you should be aware that vb script is case sensitive so make sure that the case of your letters is correct.

Message 6 of 11
faugustom
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi Keith!

Thank's for the answer, but this doesn't work... if there is any project related property in any level of the PSD formula, the result showed is *No project* in every property.... that's why I'm asking for a alternative without using a direct project related property... Thank's!

Message 7 of 11
Keith.Brown

It will work. You just need to encapsulate everything in an if then statement to see if the project is loaded. If it is not loaded you can set it to a null string.
Message 8 of 11
faugustom

Hi again Keith!

I've attached a sample file, can you please see what I'm doing wrong?

Thank's

Message 9 of 11
Keith.Brown

faugustom,

I was incorrect it appears.  The only other thing I can think of is to create two property sets.  One for projects and one that doesnt contain projects that read the same information.  Another option would to use the .net api and set the property defintions manually instead of using formulas.  This would allow you to check and see if a project is loaded and then do the appropriate action and then fill in the manual property set with the correct information.  You could lock the property set so no one could modify the information.

Sorry but that is the only options I can think of at this time.

Message 10 of 11
faugustom

Hi Keith!

yep, i'm creating two PSD, two sets of tags.... I don't know .net, so still waiting for someone's light!

Thank you very much for the help!

Message 11 of 11
David_W_Koch

I was going to suggest that, In the Formula property, you try enclosing the reference to the Project property in double quotation marks.  That technique does work in some circumstances when a property value returns an error, but in the case of Project properties, that does not appear to be the case.  In the Formula property editor, it appears to work in the sample editor, but when actually used in a formula, the value always ends up with the error value *No project*.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost