AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Property in Objects Definition in XREF DWGs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PengYen6809
362 Views, 1 Reply

Updating Property in Objects Definition in XREF DWGs

Hi,

I am developing an simulation application, leveraging on using Space objects and applied additional Property Set Definitions for Space objects where I introduced a new Property "Value".

I applied a display theme to my DWG, and based on the value of the Property, different colours wil be displayed according to the display theme.

For a single DWG file containing the building, I am able to simulate the colour changes by updating the “Value” Property in the Spaces using .NET APIs functions such as PropertySet.SetAt, and commiting the transasction. 

However, one building can consist of many different levels, and I have split up the modeling of the building into its separate levels.

For example, a 3 storey building, I will have 3 DWG files for each individual levels.

A main empty DWG was then used to XREF the 3 levels, to combine the different levels into a whole building.

I would like to simulate such colour change through the main DWG which references my individual level DWGs.

Any idea what .NET API I can use to access the XREF DWGs in my main DWG, so that I can update the "Value" property in all my Space objects?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff
in reply to: PengYen6809

For vanilla cad it works great but XrefGraph class might work in AEC

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost