AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Set Manager Auto Open?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
pkolarik
10404 Views, 5 Replies

Sheet Set Manager Auto Open?

In ACA 2012 there was a nice feature that did the following:

When you finished creating a new Sheet Set in the SSM, it would then immediately open the new Sheet Set in the SSM. (a few seats of ACA 2012 were in use in the office) In ACA2011, it didn't do this. You had to browse for the newly created .dst file to open it. (I was using ACA 2011 at the same time as those others were using ACA 2012).

Now we've all upgraded to ACA 2013 in the office. However, that nice little feature appears to be gone again. Does anyone know if there's a way to turn that back on in ACA 2013?

Thanks!

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: pkolarik

Unless I'm not understanding correctly, HELP suggests that

"SSMAUTOOPEN and SSLOCATE must both be set to 1 to open a sheet set automatically in the Sheet Set Manager."

Message 3 of 6
pkolarik
in reply to: pendean

Ha! You know, I read the help entries for those variables. From what it reads (see below) it sounds like it only affects whether or not the associated sheet set would open when a drawing already in a sheet set is opened in AutoCad. So I didn't even bother messing with it. (my SSMAUTOOPEN was set to zero)  However, that worked!

Thanks!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Controls the display behavior of the Sheet Set Manager when a drawing associated with a sheet is opened.

Type: Integer Saved in: User-settings Initial value: 1

0 = Does not open the Sheet Set Manager automatically

1 = Opens the Sheet Set Manager automatically

SSMAUTOOPEN and SSLOCATE must both be set to 1 to open a sheet set automatically in the Sheet Set Manager.

Message 4 of 6
adammacomber
in reply to: pkolarik

I have the same issue from time to time with different sheet sets. Both of my settings are set to 1, but I still have some sheet sets that do not open when one of the drawings in the set is opened. The sheet set does open with other sets when their respective drawings are opened. As an example, I was working with a set of drawings yesterday and the sheet set opened when I opened the first drawing. Today however, the very same set does not open when I open the drawing. Nothing changed as far as I know, so how does this happen? How do I re-associate the drawings and sheet set so that it opens automatically when the drawings are opened?

Message 5 of 6
PaulineP54QC
in reply to: adammacomber

Hello,

Have ever received any response? Thanks

Message 6 of 6
adammacomber
in reply to: PaulineP54QC

No, I haven't, but I haven't used sheet sets in about 3 years now so I'm not sure if the problem persists.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost