AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule with native objects & Schedule XReffed In.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mdhutchinson
353 Views, 2 Replies

Schedule with native objects & Schedule XReffed In.

We are having issues with scheduling with objects and schedules Xreffed in. Sorting and data appears different within a Location Property field.

I posted this on the AutoCAD MEP Forum since this is a schedule in AutoCAD MEP... I posted here think I might catch a different set of eyes...

Over and above my post on the MEP forum...

I wonder the recommended best practice for somewhat elaborate Property Sets and Schedules. 

Which option is the best practice?.. or, are these options give different pros and cons and perhaps lend them selves with slightly different functionality.

• Do all scheduled object with the schedule in drawing 'A' model. Then Xref into a layout drawing for plotting.
  • Do objects only in the drawing 'A'... then Xref into a layout drawing and do the schedule there?

The post on MEP Forum is at:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/MEP-Schedule-with-native-objects-amp-Schedule-XReffed-In/t...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mdhutchinson

It is hard to say which method is best; it all depends upon how you are using the Schedule Tables. I take a both/and approach. I will generally have the Schedule Table that appears on the final document in a "sheet" file. (Not using Project Navigator, but the file from which the issued sheet is plotted.) If the Schedule Table includes items from multiple draawings, then there will be external references; otherwise the Schedule Table reference a remote file. But I will also frequently have "working" Schedule Tables in the individual model files, to take advantage of the show and zoom to features. These working Schedule Tables may use copies of the contract document style that have a more useful sorting or be stripped down to just the essential columns.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3

I prefer to keep the schedules in a separate file and set the properties of the schedule to scan the xref where the objects reside. Somtimes I do like David does and insert a schedule temporarily into the file where the objects are to make use of the "show" feature.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost