AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefine F1 Key

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
pawsjewl
840 Views, 2 Replies

Redefine F1 Key

This is driving me absolutely insane. I used to have no problem doing this on my own. In fact I wrote a tutorial and posted it on AUGI. But it will not work for some reason.

I created a temporary override key in the CUI and assigned a new command to F1. Used to (in other versions of autocad), all was well and it worked great. But for some reason it still invokes the Help command.

When I press the F1 key, my goal is to toggle osnap and ortho at the same time. It does do this, but it also brings up the stupid help menu.

How do I make it stop?????

Here is the macro I am using for the override:

^P'_.osmode $M=$(if,$(and,$(getvar,osmode),16384),$(-,$(getvar,osmode),16384),$(+,$(getvar,osmode),16384))
^P'_.orthomode $M=$(if,$(and,$(getvar,orthomode),1),$(-,$(getvar,orthomode),1),$(+,$(getvar,orthomode),1))

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Julesagainn
in reply to: pawsjewl

Bump, because my replacement command of M2P no longer works, and I don't know why. New install of Acad 2013 on new computer, running Win7.

I tappears to accept the reassignment, as shown in attached png file, but when I close the CUI dialog and press F1, no love. It doesn't work if I close AutoCAD and reopen, it doesn't work if I have a command active that would use M2p (Mid between 2 Points). I use it all the time, and would really like to fix this! that slow as molasses help is driving me crazy. I wouldn't even mind the Help file just being open all the time, but it insists on being on top and is not closeable like any other dialog by pressing Escape. GRRRRRR.

More details about my computer:

Component Details Subscore Base score Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz 7.7 5.9   Determined by lowest subscore Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB 7.9 Graphics NVIDIA Quadro 2000 6.9 Gaming graphics 8922 MB Total available graphics memory 6.9 Primary hard disk 813GB Free (930GB Total) 5.9 Windows 7 Enterprise
System  

Manufacturer Dell Inc.   Model Precision T3600   Total amount of system memory 16.0 GB RAM   System type 64-bit operating system   Number of processor cores 4 Storage  

Total size of hard disk(s) 930 GB   Disk partition (C:) 813 GB Free (930 GB Total)   Media drive (D:) CD/DVD Graphics  

Display adapter type NVIDIA Quadro 2000   Total available graphics memory 8922 MB         Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB         Dedicated system memory 0 MB         Shared system memory 7898 MB   Display adapter driver version 8.17.12.7619   Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200   DirectX version DirectX 10 Network  

Network Adapter Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection   Network Adapter McAfee NDIS Intermediate Filter Miniport   Network Adapter McAfee NDIS Intermediate Filter Miniport   Network Adapter McAfee NDIS Intermediate Filter Miniport   Network Adapter McAfee NDIS Intermediate Filter Miniport Notes  

Message 3 of 3
neat-n-tidy
in reply to: Julesagainn

Further bumpage.

Was there a solution to this problem?

I had the F1 key reassigned to M2P. Follwing a windows update Autocad 2014 insists on opening a dialogue box that says "cannot find help on the requested menu item. do you want the main help index?"

No I don't so I click no and then my M2P function has been started.  Everytime I press F1 this happens and it has been working fine for years.

I have looked in the CUI and all is correct with the F1 shortcut pointing to the M2P command.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost