AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PropertySet Anchor Property type.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mdhutchinson
1135 Views, 4 Replies

PropertySet Anchor Property type.

We use Anchor Property Type on AutoCAD MEP hangers to get both MEP Pipe and MvParts (hangers) data. We have a special MEP Pipe created to searve as All-Thread Rod. Thus far we are using Object Anchor Properties to access mvpart data from an MEP Pipe serving as All-Thread Rod. 

It would be so nice if we could use a Pipe Connector to which the All-Thread Rod would be connected and still access the property set data in the mvpart.  

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

It would be nice if it worked that way for sure.

What I have done is created an plugin that places a user selected hanger (mvpart) on the pipe and then automatically anchors the hanger (mvpart) to the pipe.  It will then automatically create a threaded rod (pipe) that is connected to the hanger and runs up to a predetermined elevation.  It will then grab the information from the threaded rod and place it in a property set on the hanger.  Additionally it will grab the main pipe run information and place it in the property set on the hanger.  Now all you have to do is schedule your hangers (mvparts).  Any changes to any of the parts will automatically update the hanger property sets.  This is all achievable through .net.

Unfortunately i created this plugin for a client and signed a contract that does not allow me to reproduce it for other customers.

I know that you are a LISP guy so I am not sure that it is possible with LISP.  But it is 100 possible with .Net.

Message 3 of 5
mdhutchinson
in reply to: Keith.Brown

are you doing this with 'Reactors' via .NET essentially?

Is the Pipe native MEP Pipe... or some other software's object?

Message 4 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

in .Net they are called Events but yes I am using a mix of Events and program structure.  When the user places a hanger the program will immediately afterwards place the threaded rod.  This is not an event but done through program structure.  Then a routine is called to place the information into the hanger property set.  Now whenever the user moves the hanger or threaded rod an event is fired.  That event will call the routine to update the information into the hanger property set.

The entire program integrates with Autodesk's Get The Point so that when a point is placed on the rod ends an event is fired and the information from the point is also placed into the hanger property set.  This way the customer has a single schedule that has the hanger information, the rod information, and Mark information from Get The Point that will allow the field technicians to match up hangers and rods with concrete inserts.  All fab work is done in the shop and shipped to the jobsite with minimal effort by the cad department.

Message 5 of 5
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hello, I can't find where the. NET API for Hanger is and there are no examples. Can you tell me which library it is located in?

Looking forward to your reply

Tags (2)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost