AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project setup

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lukearh
398 Views, 1 Reply

Project setup

Hello,

I am trying to set up a METRIC project (that I want to make template) that uses meters instead of millimiters.

So I created a new project, without the use of any template. I copied from the default Autocad templates folder the Model and Sheet templates to the new project folder and I set the units, scale and grid to meters and changed the path in project properties to these files.

Everything seems to work fine, except creations of sections/elevations. 

I edited the SectionStyles (Metric).dwg file in default styles folder and It works fine.

But I donțt want to change that file in the default folder, but to change the path of the section styles in the project. The only way I could do that was to change it in the tool pallete - right click on callout. 

So how can I make the SectionStyles to load from a specific location for a project without having to right click on every callout that I want to use and change it manually?

There are some other things to do/change for making the project template that I want? (I am reffering to the units setup).

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
leothebuilder
in reply to: lukearh

On the tool pallete, right click on the section tool and change the "section style location" to where ever you want to locate the new tool template.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost