AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems anchoring a door to a wall with Autocad Architecture 2010

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
xael0n
542 Views, 1 Reply

Problems anchoring a door to a wall with Autocad Architecture 2010

Dear Users,
I am trying to anchor a door to a wall and i want to relocate the door with Autodesk Architecture 2010 in combination with doing measurements by a tachymeter.
I am new to VBA and created a code to build up walls and doors using the measurement data from my tachymeter. My Problem is now to create the anchor to a wall and relocating a door. To solve my Problems i searched the Discussion Group and found a code in this Thread at the 4th comment:
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=112301

But it actually doesnt work in Autocad Architecture 2010. I know it is performing well in combination with Autocad Architecture 2004. But cant find a way to perform it in Autodesk Architecture 2009 or 2010.
First of all, yes i tried the right library from Auocad Architecture 2004 in 2009 and 2010, but it stopped.

Hopefully someone can help me with this tiny problem. I think the problem can be solved very easy, but i simply dont get it 😕
Thank you,
Christian
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
paul
in reply to: xael0n

If you post your code example it is easier to solve.

Doors should automatically anchor unless you have release the anchors or placed without an anchor.
You will need to select your wall and door instead of creating as in Robs code. Then create an anchor pasing the wall to this and then door.attachanchor and pass the anchor.

Dim anchor As AecAnchorOpeningBaseToWall
anchor.Reference = wall
anchor.XDistance = Distance

anchor.FlipX = True
door.AttachAnchor anchor

For moving the door use Anchor.xdistance = anchor.xdistance + "How far you wont to move it"

Paul

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost