AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lisp Manual in PDF format Please

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
r_yeates
1422 Views, 8 Replies

Lisp Manual in PDF format Please

Does anyone have any idea where I can find the latest Lisp manual in pdf format. I looked under AutoCAD support/documentation on the site and it says it's available only under ADN and Subscription. I have a subscription for ADT 2004. I've logged on and can't find it anywhere. Can you please lead the blind. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: r_yeates

From subscription "home" [after login]: Go to the Resource Center, then click on the AutoCAD® 2004 Developer Manuals link in the Documentation paragraph. You can download the Customization Guide, AutoLISP Developer's Guide, AutoLISP Tutorial and ActiveX and VBA Developer's Guide in PDF format.

--

David Koch
Member of the Autodesk Discussion Forum Moderator Program
Message 3 of 9
r_yeates

David thanks for your quick response. I don't get a link for AutoCAD 2004 Developer Manuals. I have included the information I do reveive on the page.

Resource Center
Looking for technical support or resources? Here's a convenient list of options available to you.
If you are looking for Extensions, click here. If you are looking for e-Learning, click here.

Discreet Products
Around the clock technical support for your Discreet 3ds max software awaits you here. Access product-specific resources such as product knowledgebases, tutorials, downloadable files, and discussion forums all from the Discreet Support Site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

On the Subscription Home page, click on the Resource Center link in the left hand column [below the "autodesk" logo]. That should take you to the Resource Center page, that has the Documentation paragraph containing the AutoCAD® 2004 Developer Manuals link.

--

David Koch
Message 5 of 9
r_yeates

David as per my response to your reply, I was able to get into the Resource Centre link. The link does in fact take me to the Resource Centre page! The problem is the that the Documentation paragraph containing the AutoCAD 2004 Developer Manuals link is not there! Please see below for a description of what I see please!

Why does AutoDesk not include these manuals with the origional CDs? These manuals used to come with AutoCAD in printed format so it should be real easy to slip that PDF onto a CD.

Your continuing help would be appreciated.

Resource Center
Looking for technical support or resources? Here's a convenient list of options available to you.
If you are looking for Extensions, click here. If you are looking for e-Learning, click here.

Discreet Products
Around the clock technical support for your Discreet 3ds max software awaits you here. Access product-specific resources such as product knowledgebases, tutorials, downloadable files, and discussion forums all from the Discreet Support Site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Autodesk - Contact Us

© Copyright 2003 Autodesk, Inc. All rights reserved.
Legal Notices - Privacy Policy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hmmm. I see the following paragraphs below the Discreet paragraph:

Documentation
Autodesk provides a variety of manuals and online information to help you learn, use, and develop programs for Autodesk Products. Although all resources are available in digital format in the product and some are available for purchase in print − a number of these documents have also been made available via download to subscription members: Product Manuals and AutoCAD® 2004 Developer Manuals.

Service Packs
Service packs, patches, fixes and other utilities that are most relevant to subscribers are available on the Autodesk Product Support site. Click here to search and download the latest files.

Tools
Productivity enhancers from Autodesk and industry partners.
AutoCAD® 2000i Express Tools, Volume 1−9
Migrating Express Tools from AutoCAD 2000 or AutoCAD 2000i to AutoCAD 2002

Discussion Groups
Join a product Discussion Group to ask questions and share information about using Autodesk software.

Knowledge Base
Use the Knowledge Base to explore technical documents and other support information.

The "AutoCAD® 2004 Developer Manuals" phrase under Documentation is a link to the manuals you seek. I have no idea why you are not seeing these additional paragraphs.

--

David Koch
Message 7 of 9
r_yeates

I don't see any of that! Is there any other way I can get the documentation I need? Who else should I be talking with about this problem? Could it have something to do with my subscription? We have subscriptions for all of our copies of Architectural Desktop 2004. I find it hard to believe that AutoCAD 2004 subscribers would have access to this information and ADT 2004 users would not.
Message 8 of 9
richard.denier

It is indeed not possible to find the Lisp manuals. Not in the help and not online.

This is what I see in the subscription center:

Downloads

No documentation anywhere.

Message 9 of 9

The previous posts were from nearly eight years ago.  Today, I am appear to be getting the same thing you got, and there does not appear to be a PDF download for the AutoLISP manual anymore.  Autodesk has restructured the documentation and Help several times since the 2004 releases.  The Autodesk Exchange site for AutoCAD does allow you to download a PDF of the main product manual, and there is also one on general customization The AutoLISP one is not available there.

The 2004 release AutoLISP PDFs are too large to post here.  There will not be anything on the CUI in them, and any recent revisions or additions to AutoLISP will also not be covered, so the on-line Help (AutoLISP Developer's Guide and AutoLISP Reference Guide) may still be your best resource.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost