AutoCAD Architecture Customization

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 1 of 3 (313 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to get a list of Schedule Style defined in the drawing?

313 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2013 07:18 AM

I have the below code where by I can gain access to property sets.

But it doesn't look like the Schedule Styles are there.

How can I change this up to get access to Schedule Styles defined in the drawing?

(setq acadObj  (vlax-get-acad-object)
    schedApp (vla-getInterfaceObject
          acadObj
          "AecX.AecScheduleApplication.7.0"                 
         )
)

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 3 (311 Views)

Re: How to get a list of Schedule Style defined in the drawing?

02-18-2013 07:29 AM in reply to: mdhutchinson

All the styles for an AEC and AECB type drawing are located in the Named Object Dictionary of a drawing database.  You can find all of the property sets under the AEC_PROPERTY_SETS_DEFS.  In this dictionary there is a list of all of the property sets in a drawing.  I am not familiar with LISP but I believe you are using another method to get this list.  They same list can be found for Schedules under the AEC_SCHEDULE_TABLE_STYLES Named Object Dictionary.

These links might be of help

http://www.afralisp.net/autolisp/tutorials/dictionaries-and-xrecords.php

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/Named-object-Dictionaries/td-p/214825...

and you can always find your answer at The Swamp on the LISP board.  There are many LISP coders at that board that can answer just about any question.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: How to get a list of Schedule Style defined in the drawing?

02-18-2013 07:36 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown

I thought i might add that if you download the AutodeskMGDDBG application from this link.  It will allow you to "snoop" an object or a database and see all of the named object dictionaries in the drawing.

You can view this webpage to download the file instead of the direct link above if you prefer. 

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/dwg-debugger-mgddbg-app-for-autocad-20122013.html

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community