AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with schedule tables and xrefs

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EBSDallas
370 Views, 1 Reply

Help with schedule tables and xrefs

I have a room finish and a door schedule.  I'd like to insert them in a sheet file that has a floor plan attached as an xref.  The finish schedule works just fine.  The door schedue will not pick-up the data.  Both are set as follows:

Update automatically                   Yes

Add new objects automatically    Yes

Scan xrefs                                    Yes

Scan block references                 Yes

Include demolished objects          No

Layer wildcard                               *

Schedule external drawing            No

If I insert the door schedule directly into the floor plan file it works fine.  I've tried setting "Schedule external drawing" to "Yes" and then browsing for and choosing the plan file but it still doesn't work.

I can't understand why it works for the finish schedule but not the door schedule.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

EBS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: EBSDallas

Can you create a ZIP file with both your model file (with the doors) and the file into which you are externally referencing the model file and with an instance of your door schedule?  If the files are large, or if you can not post the files for confidentiality reasons, can you create a set of (smaller) sample files (model and schedule files) using the exact same styles and definitions that exhibits the same problem?  It will be easier for someone here to provide some help if she or he can look at the actual files.

Please mention what release you are using when posting the files.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost