We have a 32-bit machine that continues to receive the above mentioned error message. This seems to happen unexpectedly and closes AutoCAD with no warning. It has been happening with more frequency lately. What causes this error and what steps may be taken to remedy it?
Thanks for any help anyone is able to provide.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Also getting this same error. Tried removing all dotnet installs; ran dotnet cleanup; reinstalled dotnet v2 sp2 through v4; ran windows updates; ran autocad repair. This is on AutoCad Architecture 2012. Getting error after opening files.
Please try the solution posted on our blog:
The 2 machine.config files already had Read and Read & Execute. Your error message is a little different than what we are getting. Thanks though for the post.
Please try the following:
- Go through Add or Remove Programs and uninstall everything that has to do with "Microsoft .NET," doing newest versions first
Download and run the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool. If errors occur in the utility, run it again until no errors occur.
Download and install .NET 1.1:
Download and install .NET 3.5 Service Pack 1:
Download and install .NET 4.0:
Reboot the computer
- Go through Add or Remove Programs and take note of everything that has to do with "Microsoft Visual C++ 20* Redistributable Package," and uninstall them doing newest versions first
Then you can download and install from this link:
- Uninstall all the service packs related to the Autodesk program:
- Repair the installation and if the problem still persists:
Uninstall and reinstall the Autodesk application:
- Install the last Service Pack/Hotfix:
http://usa.autodesk.com/support/downloads/ section “Updates”
- Verify if the Antivirus causes the issue (in some cases we had issues with McAfee):
- Install the last Windows updates from Windows Update
We ended up removing all versions of .net Framework, then reinstalling those that were necessary. Then we performed the repair for AutoCAD. We do keep Windows updates current. That did not seem to remedy the problem. However, we've not had any additional problems since we updated the graphics card driver.