AutoCAD Architecture Customization

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 1 of 4 (135 Views)

Extract Vertices from AecPolyGon?

135 Views, 3 Replies
06-28-2012 03:30 AM

I have lisp code to extract the vertices from a LWpolyline. Can someone point to me the way to do this with AecPolyGons?  I know that a couple releases ago... autodesk pulled most all of the top level group code data out of Aec and Mep objects... so that you need to use .NET or lisp ActiveX functions... but I can't seem to discover the collection of vertices.

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 2 of 4 (134 Views)

Re: Extract Vertices from AecPolyGon?

06-28-2012 05:33 AM in reply to: mdhutchinson

I believe I've found the solution:

(defun AecPolyVerts (Ent /)
  (if (null lst2lists)(load "listfuns"))
  (setq VlaPoly (vlax-ename->vla-object Ent))
  (setq VLProfile (vlax-get-property VlaPoly "Profile"))
  (setq VLCoorinates (vlax-get-property VLProfile "Coordinates"))
  (setq Coords (vlax-safearray->list (vlax-variant-value VLCoorinates)))
  (setq Coords (lst2lists Coords 2))
  Coords
)

Valued Mentor
mdhutchinson
Message 3 of 4 (133 Views)

06-28-2012 05:42 AM in reply to: mdhutchinson

I spoke too soon. The vertices don't seem to update... they remain the same even when the object is moved. What am I missing?

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 4 of 4 (128 Views)

06-28-2012 07:25 PM in reply to: mdhutchinson
This is just a guess, but from what you describe, it sounds like the vertices are stored using an "entity" coordinate system. So somewhere in the data tot the AEC Polygon, there is an insertion point or origin point, in World Coordinates, and then the vertices are stored relative to that origin point. That way, when the object is moved, only the origin point needs to be updated.
David Koch

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community