AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedules - Door Numbers

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
CMFG
899 Views, 13 Replies

Door Schedules - Door Numbers

--Is there a way to do a door schedule by styles rather than individual door?
--To clarify: I want my door schedule to create a new door number only when one or more of the property sets, classifications, or door styles pertaining to a door are not defined by other doors in the schedule. This would facilitate giving the same door number to multiple doors that have matching schedule information, and cut down on my schedule size.
--Does anyone have info on how to do this. If I need to create custom tags, schedules, or formula properties -- I WILL DO IT. Help if you can. --THANKS
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: CMFG

Change the door number property from auto increment to manual. You will need to manually set the number for each group of doors that is identical.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking for, but I think a hidden quantity column might do. Edit your schedule table style, check the quantity box, modify the quantity column, and check the hidden box. This way you'll get a single line in the table for every set of data that is different. Hope that helps, Scott Arvin Autodesk "CMFG" wrote in message news:5843150.1083277254230.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > --Is there a way to do a door schedule by styles rather than individual door? > --To clarify: I want my door schedule to create a new door number only when one or more of the property sets, classifications, or door styles pertaining to a door are not defined by other doors in the schedule. This would facilitate giving the same door number to multiple doors that have matching schedule information, and cut down on my schedule size. > --Does anyone have info on how to do this. If I need to create custom tags, schedules, or formula properties -- I WILL DO IT. Help if you an. --THANKS
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous

Actually the scheduling features of ADT were originally set up to work this way. Create a Property Set that applies to door styles. Create a Property called "Number" and make it auto-incrementing. Add the Property sets to the door styles in Style Manager. Create a schedule that applys to doors and includes a column for Door Styles: Number Add a quantity column for the Number. I'll post an ADT 2004 file in the Customer files under the same Subject line. Hope that helps, Danny Polkinhorn WATG Honolulu CMFG wrote: > --Is there a way to do a door schedule by styles rather than individual door? > --To clarify: I want my door schedule to create a new door number only when one or more of the property sets, classifications, or door styles pertaining to a door are not defined by other doors in the schedule. This would facilitate giving the same door number to multiple doors that have matching schedule information, and cut down on my schedule size. > --Does anyone have info on how to do this. If I need to create custom tags, schedules, or formula properties -- I WILL DO IT. Help if you can. --THANKS
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

By the way, the quantity column will only quantify all the doors which have the exact same property sets. So, if you had a material property, and one pocket door that was glass and another pocket door that was wood, these would show on different lines on the schedule with different quantities. If you want a different number, create two styles, one for each material. -Danny Danny P. wrote: > Actually the scheduling features of ADT were originally set up to work > this way. > > Create a Property Set that applies to door styles. > Create a Property called "Number" and make it auto-incrementing. > Add the Property sets to the door styles in Style Manager. > Create a schedule that applys to doors and includes a column for Door > Styles: Number > Add a quantity column for the Number. > > I'll post an ADT 2004 file in the Customer files under the same Subject > line. > > Hope that helps, > Danny Polkinhorn > WATG > Honolulu > > > > CMFG wrote: > >> --Is there a way to do a door schedule by styles rather than >> individual door? >> --To clarify: I want my door schedule to create a new door number >> only when one or more of the property sets, classifications, or door >> styles pertaining to a door are not defined by other doors in the >> schedule. This would facilitate giving the same door number to >> multiple doors that have matching schedule information, and cut down >> on my schedule size. >> --Does anyone have info on how to do this. If I need to create custom >> tags, schedules, or formula properties -- I WILL DO IT. Help if you >> can. --THANKS > > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------ >
Message 6 of 14
CMFG

I am getting really close here. I added the quantity column and it only quantifies the doors that are different in the schedule and adds a new column for any door that different information in the schedule. However, I added a Door number property based on the door styles and this is not exactly working how I want. Since my door styles are really generalized and I only add certain things like fire-ratings & hardware per door object, the door number for the styles goes back to my actual door styles and not the individual doors. In other words, even though it displays the different door on another line, it does not change the door number to a new number.....it display the door number twice and puts it on a new line. I need a way to get the door number to change every time it adds a new line. Does this make sense?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous

Make your door number property part of an object-based Property Set Definition if you need to have doors of the same style assigned different numbers. You will need to manually manage the assignment of numbers. The schedule itself could be a means to check that you have assigned door numbers properly - if you get two or more lines with the same number, you either need to adjust the scheduled properties of those doors so that they are identical [if the numbers were correct] or assign the appropriate numbers [if the properties were correct].

--

David Koch
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

As David and I mentioned, there's no way to automatically assign new numbers when you change a property which adds a line to the schedule. That was what I was describing by creating a new style when any property is different, such as material. This will automatically create a new number, but it's not as intuitive as what you want. Sorry, Danny David_W._Koch wrote: > Make your door number property part of an object-based Property Set Definition if you need to have doors of the same style assigned different numbers. You will need to manually manage the assignment of numbers. The schedule itself could be a means to check that you have assigned door numbers properly - if you get two or more lines with the same number, you either need to adjust the scheduled properties of those doors so that they are identical [if the numbers were correct] or assign the appropriate numbers [if the properties were correct]. > > -- > > David Koch > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 9 of 14
CMFG

I am conviced there is a way to get the doors to automatically assign themselves. There must be a custom formula I can put into a Property set. Help if you can and thans to everyone for the help so far.
Message 10 of 14
CMFG

Is there a way to filter through the doors that the table has in its selection. I am convinced that I can make a Formula Property Set that filters through the doors in the table and tell it to compare matching properties and if they match, then put in the same line, but if they don't then add a new line and door number. I just need some insight from a CAD wizard.
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

If you know up front all the possible values you will be using in your schedule - for both automatic and manual properties - it is theoretically possible to create a formula that would assign a number to each permutation. The more columns you have in your schedule, the more complicated your formula would become and the harder it would be to manage it. I considered suggesting this in my last post but felt it would be so difficult to do and so easy to "break" that I did not do so.

If you pursue this path, be certain to set up the formula so that you assign a "warning" number to any door that has a value in any column that does not correspond to the values you anticipated. Every time you create or update your schedule, you could look for that number. If found, you could see which value was[were] not in the formula and either add it[them] to the formula or edit the door to eliminate the incorrect value.

--

David Koch
Message 12 of 14
CMFG

David,

I was thinking that I could try to "search" the doors in the TablesSelection and use a "IF [Current Door Property1] = [Existing Door1 Property1] Then Check [Existing Door Property2] Else check next door.... I could try to loop this until it finds a match or else assign it a new number. Does this sound feasible? Also, I can't seem to find a way to get the info (i was thinking about using handles) for the doors in the table selection. Is there a command in VBScript to call these objects (handles) and assign them to a variable name?

The other idea (maybe easier) would be to "hack" the schedule properties itself. Maybe create a property for the schedule that keeps a running tab of how many lines it contains. When a permutation is added, then the [door number] is set to the [total sched line number] + 1. Maybe I'm grasping at straws (I like to call it tenatious) ;-)
Message was edited by: CMFG
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

If you're using formula property defs to do this, I think you're on the wrong track. Formulas only allow you access to other property data on the object that contains the formula, and not on other objects. I would suggest creating a VBA command to do this. That way you can access all the doors in a drawing and get and set property information on them. Scott Arvin Autodesk "CMFG" wrote in message news:33486805.1083683355712.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > David, > > I was thinking that I could try to "search" the doors in the TablesSelection and use a "IF [Current Door Property1] = [Existing Door1 Property1] Then Check [Existing Door Property2] Else check next door.... I could try to loop this until it finds a match or else assign it a new number. Does this sound feasible? Also, I can't seem to find a way to get the info (i was thinking about using handles) for the doors in the table selection. Is there a command in VBScript to call these objects (handles) and assign them to a variable name?
Message 14 of 14
mdhutchinson
in reply to: Anonymous

I know it's been years, but wonder if you've been successful?

I was able to do this with a rather simple lisp and two related schedule styles.

Both schedules must have identical columns and sorting - the first schedule for display on the drawing and the last for use with the lisp. The latter schedule has the objects handle in the last column, gets exported to a text file, then read back in and evaluated with the lisp code. On reading back in, the properties are checked, when they change the 'part number' is incremented. Then the object handle is used to retrieve the object, and the  'part number' is edited automatically. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost