AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classic View in AutoCAD Architecture 2011

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
9910 Views, 12 Replies

Classic View in AutoCAD Architecture 2011

Hello,

Please could somebody assist me in changing my current "Ribbon" arrangement to the "Classic view". I have reviewed a number of discussions on this and other forums and it all seems quite bitty and hoped there was now an agreed and defined way of doing this if not an instruction document by now.

I have recently done a complete systems re-install and no longer have AutoCAD Architecture 2009 to migrate too and I am not keen on reloading 2009 and migrating again, as I think this was the cause of problems that lead to a complete systems re-install in the first place.

I do not have the option in our "Work space" to select "classic view" nor do I in the options under "Profiles".

Please help!

Thank you

Lee

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
sgrinavi
in reply to: Anonymous

See attached, works for me.

I didn't create it, so I can't take credit or offer support

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: sgrinavi

I have not try to install autocadarchitecture_MenusToolbars.zip 748 K

in ACA2011, but I'm afraid they will not work because they have been developed for ACA2010.

Anyway, ARCHIdigm has the solution. It is called PowerSTRIP 11.0.

http://www.archidigm.com/

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Sgrinavi,

Thank you for your post with attachment and also taking the time to respond. You are a hero. 

IT WORKED FOR ME TOO!

I believe many users with the same problem will use this forum string to sort out the same issue and like you even though the attachment was for ACAD-2010 it has worked for on my ACAD-2011. Once I had my "classic view" tool bars up and running I was able to tweak them by adding and removing commands via the good old way of dragging and dropping wanted and unwanted commands between the tool bar and commands list (Customize User Interface).

A few notes to all other readers of this forum string :

1. Don't forget once you have customized your workspace with your desired "Classic view" arrangement and ensured you have closed the new Ribbon (RIBBONCLOSE). Save your work space as a different name via the work space command "save current as" (you will find this when you click the wheel at the bottom right of your screen). This will enable you at a later date to flick between your newly named "classic view" arrangement and the original time consuming "ribbon" arrangement via your workspace options. See note 4 for why.
  2. Once you have done this, back up your "classic view" workspace in case you have to do a systems re-install at a later date and hopefully all you will need to do is import your back up without having to go through whole process of setting up your desired "classic view" arrangement all over again. To do this, go to "options" (via, either clicking "format" on the drop down menu bar or clicking the drop down next to the big red 'A' at the top left). Click the "Profile" tab then click "Export". This will then enable you to name and chose where you would like to save your backup. I would also then burn a copy later from where ever you saved your back up just incase your whole PC goes down and you have to do a complete systems install.
  3. If you then find at a later date you need to do a systems re-install or re-load CAD. Save a copy of your back up file on to your PC, open up your newly loaded CAD, go to "options" via the big red 'A', then "profiles" and then "import". Find your back up file. Once you have done this your backup file will drop into the "available profiles" listing which you will be able to select and then click "Set Current" 
  4. I believe there are a number of good reasons that it is important to save your newly arranged "classic view" as a new name and retain the original time consuming ribbon arrangement too. a) This is so that you can flick between the two work spaces. I have read on other forums that new commands introduced in 2010 & 2011 are not easily accessible (if at all) via the "classic view". b) Unless Autodesk listen to the users and re-introduce the classic view as an option in future releases, us old school dinosaurs will need to gradually introduce our selves to the new time consuming ribbon arrangement or we will get left behind.
  5. Just so you all know I am not an IT or CAD wizard I am just a normal dude that uses CAD and has been since the early days at release 10 and I feel cheated, betrayed and let down by Autodesks bullying and forcing us to us the ribbon arrangement when they could just build into there new releases the option for both. I have spent hours surfing the net trying to retrieve my preferred" classic view" workspace and getting confused and frustrated along the way and I hope these additional notes serve you all well. We owe a big thank you to "Sgrinavi" who kindly responded to my plea and enabling us to outline the solution through a very short, current and simple forum string.
Message 5 of 13
sgrinavi

"I have not try to install autocadarchitecture_MenusToolbars.zip 748 K

in ACA2011, but I'm afraid they will not work because they have been developed for ACA2010.

Anyway, ARCHIdigm has the solution. It is called PowerSTRIP 11.0.

http://www.archidigm.com/"

You might try it before making a statement like that.  As I stated it works fine for me.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous

Hi Sgrinavi

If you read my post carefully, you will notice that I wrote "I'm afraid they will not work because they have been developed for ACA2010".   I didn't say it doesn't work. Anyway, knowing that it works fine for you makes me think that ACA2011 commands are not different from those we fined in ACA2010 or, in other words, ACA2011 has nothing new that justifies the upgrade.

Message 7 of 13
sgrinavi

pedroaroso

O excuse me, when you offered up the alternative link as THE solution it appeared you were dismissing the known working solution.  I was just wondering, are you associated with that link you gave?

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

The answer is YES, I am associated with all the links that work to preserve AutoCAD Architecture, as you can check visiting my blog:

http://ferramentasdearquitecto.blogspot.com/

Unfortunately, the Autodesk official blog "Between the Walls"  is completely  outdated, because they are not investing or promoting ADT anymore:

http://adt_blog.typepad.com/

Pedro Aroso

Porto - Portugal

Message 9 of 13
pendean

I think Pedro meant to nicely say the following (as well as try to sell you something):

Many have successfully installed and used that zip file content in ACA2011 and ACA2010: just be careful no content new to ACA2011 is lost to an ACA 2010-only add-on.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

Let me clear this point:
1. I am an architect since 1979 and I always made my living as an architect.
2. After writing and publishing two ADT books (ADT3/3.3 and ADT2004/2005), which sold very well, both in Portugal and in Brazil,  I have received several invitations to teach ADT.
3. If I made money with ADT, it was selling my books and training people on ADT.

Pedro Aroso

PS: Both books are out of stock, so I have nothing more to sell you:
Message 11 of 13
Ramgrafix

Pedro...

You state >>>>     If you read my post carefully, you will notice that I wrote "I'm afraid they will not work because they have been developed for ACA2010".   I didn't say it doesn't work.

You are saying that it doesnt work!!!!!! Maybe next time... reread what you write. 

If you teach and write books,  I hope someone has checked your work and I hope the students were not confused.

The menu solution works!!!!!

Message 12 of 13
ntellery
in reply to: Ramgrafix

Pedro is not a native english speaker so I think he was saying that he fears they may not work, not 'they will not work.

He had not tested it in 11 (and says so) and was suggesting it as a possible solution to try, but it may not work.  If you read his statement again it's one of those subtle expressions that can be taken both ways and that may have not be obvious to Pedro.  Pedro has faithfully worked hard to support the ADT/ACA community and doesn't really deserved to be attacked for grammar. 

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 13 of 13
Thirdamien

Hi there

I downloaded the link and it worked, however there was no menu bar.

Furthermore this only worked for one day. I shut my machine and the next day rebooted the machine and  autocad to find only the ET: standards toolbar and all other toolbars missing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost