AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block based MvPart: Part ID & 'Redefine from Catalog'

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
mdhutchinson
308 Views, 1 Reply

Block based MvPart: Part ID & 'Redefine from Catalog'

Doe anyone know were the Part ID is in the catalog and if it can be manually edited?

I wanted to assure existing parts in the drawing could be 'Redefined from Catalog'... and thought I'd force a test. In this case the catalog is a couple edits away from the existing parts.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

There is no mechanism to change it through the software.  You could always open up the .xml file of the part and change it manually.  The part ID is listed towards the bottom and is a  32 digit GUID.  I would advise against manually changing the GUID.  Instead I would use a mechanism like visual studio to randomly generate a new one.  GUID's are designed to be unique in a system and changing them manually could conceivably bypass this mechanism.  I would also be careful of editing the xml file directly.  Make a backup  before you do anything in case something goes wrong.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost