AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 hidden quick access toolbar

16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17
katedennison100
24810 Views, 16 Replies

Autocad 2014 hidden quick access toolbar

Hi there, 

I am a new user to autocad and have downloaded the trial 2014 version. Please can anyone advise how i go about turning on the ribbons at the top of the screen or the quick access toolbar? I have tried going through the CUI menu but I can't seem to get it to work

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
pendean
in reply to: katedennison100

RIBBON command.
AutoCAD 2014?
Or AutoCAD Architecture 2014, where you are posting? You seem unsure and are posting in a forum that has nothing to do with your problem.
Message 3 of 17

Hi There,

Have you used any of the other AutoCAD versions? The ribbon might disappear when you double click by accident on one of the tabs. You can either double click on the tabs again or select the "Minimize to Panel Buttons" icon next to all of the tabs on the right-hand side to bring them back, keep on selecting the icon until you see the view you prefer. Otherwise if the ribbon dissapeared completely and you have closed it by accident you can just start typing the word "RIBBON" and press <ENTER> and your ribbon should re-appear. 

Would you mind sending me a screen shot of the Quick Access Toolbar so I could get a better Idea of what you need?

Please let me know if this helps...

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 4 of 17
MSabet
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

I have downloaded the 2014 version of Auto cad architecture. I have installed it successfully, however I don't see the ribbon and quick tool reference on the top of the screen, please help.

Thanks
Message 5 of 17
David_W_Koch
in reply to: MSabet

Is the Ribbon completely missing, or can you see the Ribbon tabs?  If the latter, click on the down-arrow icon to the right of the Ribbon tab titles to cycle through the ribbon state(s) until you get the one you want.

If it is completely missing, did you try using the RIBBON command, as Dean suggested?

If the RIBBON command does not restore the RIBBON, you might try changing to a different Workspace, and then back again, to see if that forces the Ribbon to load.

If that fails, then you should check the Options dialog, on the Files tab, under the Customization node, to verify that a Main Customization File has been specified.  If not, you should add one, most likely the ACA.cuix, using the CUILOAD command.

If one is specified, make note of the file name and location.  If the Main Customization file is not the ACA.cuix (or the ACAD.cuix, if you intend to use ACA as AutoCAD), you may want to consider resetting the Main Customization File to the ACA.cuix.  (One exception - if your firm has a custom CUIX based on the ACA.cuix or has a custom Main Customization file and uses the ACA.cuix as Enterprise Customization File, found just below the Main Customization File on the Files tab of the Options dialog.)  Then use the CUI command to open the Customize User Interface dialog.  Select the current Workspace in the upper left pane, under the Main Customization File, Workspaces node.  In the upper right pane, you can then examine the Workspace Content, including whether or not any Ribbon Tabs have been added to the current Workspace.  If not, you could add any that are defined in the currently loaded customization files.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 6 of 17
Greg2015

Hello JoAnn, I cannot seem to download the toolbars for autocad architectural 2014 no matter what I try.  I tried looking for them in the CUI menue, and the're no where to be found?  I tried to import them and had no luck at that either.  I don't think they are anywhere in this program?  I don't know how to do a screen shot as well? I press prntscreen key and nothing happens, o nly a little flicker?   Thank you, Greg

Message 7 of 17
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Greg2015

When you say "toolbars", do you mean "toolbars" or do you mean "ribbon tabs"?  The ACA.cuix has no toolbars defined within it, and has not had any since the 2010 release, when they went all-ribbon, all the time.  If you want toolbars, you will have to create your own, or transfer them from another CUIX file (such as the ACAD.cuix, which still has toolbars for the vanilla AutoCAD commands).  If you have a customization file from 2009 (or earlier), you may be able to use that to transfer the old ACA toolbars.  But those will only offer the functionality available in the release in which they were created; any new features added since (and likely supported in the current ribbon tabs) will not have a toolbar tool.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 8 of 17
Greg2015
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Hello David,

no this is all I have the autocad 2014 Architectural, and I'm use to the tool bars with all the drawing commands from 2007, and below.

Its much simpler for me to use them, I have all the ribbons, but its very awkeward to get the drawing commands I need, and where I want them.

Can you please tell me how to transfer them from another file with the cui, I've tried but have no other file to transfer from?

When I check the cui it says only one toolbar "hatch" is in the the toolbars. I'm very confused to say the least!

Thank you very much, Greg
Message 9 of 17
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Greg2015

Do you still have a copy of the customization file(s) from 2007?  You should be able to open that on the right side of the Transfer tab of the Customize User Interface dialog and then copy the tool bars to a customization file open on the left side.  I would recommend creating your own customization file, which you would load as a partial customization file, rather than the ACA.cuix file, to make it easier to back up and bring forward to future releases.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 10 of 17
ndmjvrn

Thank you so much, that was a huge help. I spent a lot of time trying to find out how to get the ribbon back......., thanks

Message 11 of 17
anuj48073
in reply to: ndmjvrn

I have downloaded auto cad 2014 student version.but on top of the quick access toolbar my sign account is not appearing......and drafting and annotation are written its their in place but light colour of drawing detail its not appearing...please tell me how to adjust sign in sign bar,product detail bar should appear..

Message 12 of 17
David_W_Koch
in reply to: anuj48073

Welcome to the community.

From your description, it sounds like you are using AutoCAD, not AutoCAD Architecture.  None-the-less, the tool displaying "Drafting & Annotation" is the Workspace selector in the Quick Access Toolbar.  If you are looking for the location to sign into Autodesk 360, that is in the InfoCenter at the upper right side of the interface.  See attached image.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 13 of 17
scanley07

i have the same issue. The quick access toolbar both left and right sides of the screen are just a white band. They are there, underneath, if you hover in the area the quick tips come up but cant be seen.

This is in autocad 2014.

On the same machine, 3ds, 2015 electrical, mechanical, and inventor all work ok, its just autocad 2014.

i have updated the nvidia drivers, the laptop is a brand new unit running windows 10.

i have tried everything, including a removal and reinstall of autocad 2014.

anyone ?

please help ?

cheers

Message 14 of 17
David_W_Koch
in reply to: scanley07

According to this Autodesk Knowledge Network article, the 2013 and 2014 releases of AutoCAD products will not be supported on Windows 10.  Of course, not supported and do not run are two different things.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 15 of 17

How toCAD.JPG get my UI back??

Thanks for your help

Message 16 of 17

Have you tried CTRL+0 to toggle Clean Screen off?  (That assumes that you activated Clean Screen to get to that state.)

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 17 of 17
Br_Zwink1

I thought I tried everthing to get that stupid QAT to appear above the Ribbon to no avail, but never thought to turn the clean screen off.  Ctrl+0, and walla, there it was!  Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost