AutoCAD Architecture Customization

Marnak
Message 1 of 3 (314 Views)
Accepted Solution

Annotative Text Styles

314 Views, 2 Replies
03-12-2012 10:26 AM

When I want to establish a new annotative text style, and I'm in the Text Styles dialog box, in the "Size" box, why will it not let me enter a Paper Text Height of 3/32"???  Every time I try it defaults to either 1/16" or 1/8".  I have checked the Annotative box.   Thanks for helping!

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 2 of 3 (308 Views)

Re: Annotative Text Styles

03-12-2012 04:11 PM in reply to: Marnak

What is the current linear units precision for your drawing?  AutoCAD will take 3/32" as input, but if your linear precision is set to 1/8" or 1/16", it will round the 3/32" value to the precision that is set prior to displaying the results.  (It should not change the 3/32" value, just make it impossible to tell if it was entered correctly, without changing the precision.)

David Koch
Marnak
Message 3 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Annotative Text Styles

03-14-2012 12:49 PM in reply to: David_W._Koch

Man, I'm almost embarrassed!   The Units setting was EXACTLY what the problem was - the precision was set to 1/16" instead of 3/32".  Such a simple fix, but my annotative text works really good now!  Thanks, David!

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community