AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation without annotative - scale text from tool palette

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jorgeseptien
867 Views, 4 Replies

Annotation without annotative - scale text from tool palette

OK, I have been doing this for a while and now I have to go back.  Unfortunately, a new project we have does not allow us to use annotative objects, so we are back to switching scale by creating several dimstyles with a varying dimscale (eg. Dim96, for 1/8", Dim48 for 1/4" etc.)  Now I have created a button on the tool palette that brings in text and it allows me to set the size of the arrow by matching it to the dimstyle, but the text comes in always at the same size - 9" which is 3/32" for a 1/8" plan.  The arrow changes but the text does not.  I know I have to change the CANNOSCALE, but I can't seem to figure out a way of making it work so that the user will only need to switch the dimstyle from the pull down up at the top right and then be able to use a tool palette button that will bring in a text with leader with it's arrow head and text hieght matching the dimstyle's scale.

Please help.  Thanks

Jorge Septien
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

You may want to check the text style you're using in the dimstyle.

It may be set to a fixed height of 9"

Always best to have a separate tex style for dimension text

Message 3 of 5

Nope.  Text set to 0. 

Jorge Septien
Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jorgeseptien

Is the text style specified in the dimension style set to be annotative?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
jorgeseptien
in reply to: jorgeseptien

Ok I think I figure it out. What I have to have the user do is switch the annotation scale to the appropriate scale they are using and then leave the dimstyle blank in tool palette tool. So then the user has to switch both the dimstyle chooser and the annotation scale and it works fine.. it was nice seeing you again david. Thanks for trying to help but I figured it out.
Jorge Septien

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost