AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACA 2010 - No menus defined

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
Kevin.Bell
5154 Views, 14 Replies

ACA 2010 - No menus defined

Hi,

I installed the trial of ACA 2010 so that I can review it.

I typed MENUBAR 1 to put the menu bar back up as all my staff use it and it will be required so that we can transfer from ACA 2008.

But I got the message "No menus are defined".

Why is this, I have just done a standard install I haven't changed anything...

Any ideas?
14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: Kevin.Bell

Autodesk is trying to force us to use the Ribbon - which I tried to use but
find too confusing, still too many clicks to get what I want, responds too
slowly, and takes up way too much screen area.

They actually had a link where you could download the whole menu and toolbar
section and a document on how to add it - the link was even in the
InfoCenter in ACA 2009. But all links to that page are now dead... it's not
on the Autodesk knowledge base anymore. Good thing I already grabbed it.

I don't know that that's all about.
Message 3 of 15
Kevin.Bell

The menu bar was present in AutoCAD 2010 (the beta I had), but its missing from ACA 2010. It was also present in AutoCAD 2009.

This is a serious problem for us, I can't move our office across from 2008 to 2010 with the loss of the menus as it will greatly upset our productivity.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

Downloaded before they took it off. Here it is. I
haven't used yet as I am trying to give the ribbon a try.

style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
The
menu bar was present in AutoCAD 2010 (the beta I had), but its missing from
ACA 2010. It was also present in AutoCAD 2009. This is a serious problem for
us, I can't move our office across from 2008 to 2010 with the loss of the
menus as it will greatly upset our productivity.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous

thanks cdv !

using the ribbon without the common
pulldown menus and toolbars will make your mouse move several miles more a day .
and don't forget to use your keyboard for all the missing commands
:)

thanks autodesk for that poor performance -
where can i cancel my subscription ?

cheers .
oliver
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous

oliver panrok wrote:
> thanks cdv !
>
> using the ribbon without the common pulldown menus and toolbars will
> make your mouse move several miles more a day . and don't forget to use
> your keyboard for all the missing commands 🙂
>
> thanks autodesk for that poor performance - where can i cancel my
> subscription ?
>
> cheers . oliver

Fantastic....the new interface was really slow!
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous

I spent most of the day trying to get my toolbars up and running (object snaps, draw, modify etc) - AutoCAD Architecture 2011 ... I ended up having to RESET my workspace and this worked.

However, now my tool palette has reverted to an older version!?  There are NO Walls, Slabs, Roofs, Columns etc

Has anyone had a similar problem or have any ideas on what the problem is?

Message 8 of 15
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Check what CUI file is set as your main CUI in the Options dialog, on the Files tab, Customization Files node, Main Customization File subnode.  If I recall correctly, resetting the profile will set it up like the "as AutoCAD" profile, which would give you the ACAD.cuix, not the ACA.cuix, as well as setting up your tool palette location to point to the AutoCAD palettes, not the ACA palettes (Options > Files > Tool Palettes File Locations).

If you really need the toolbars, once you get back to an ACA profile, you can use the CUI command to transfer the toolbars from the ACAD.cuix to the ACA.cuix (or, perhaps better, to a separate, custom CUIX file that you can then load as a partial CUIX file and bring forward to future releases).  I would not recommend loading the ACAD.cuix file as a partial CUIX file with the ACA.cuix file as the main file, as there will be conflicts where both have a contextual ribbon tab defined for the same action.  (If you are interested, you can read more about that here:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2010/07/frozen-ribbon.html .)

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you : )

I will look up how to do that

Message 10 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Tried to create "quick Access Toolbar" and got to the stage where I could set my own one. However from then on, following the tutorial. I noticed that my command list (below) only has "all Commands Only" or "All Commands and Controls". On choosing either of them, I noticed that all the "Source" files are ACA and no ACAD. 

At the very top of "All Customization Files", on choosing either "Main Customization File (aca.cuix) or "All Customization Files" the first item to appear on the list below that, is ACA, then Workspaces with "Architecture Default (current)

There appears to be something missing in the menus or choices!?

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous

Please ignore that comment ... I followed the "options" recommendation and found (under "profiles") the AutoCAD option ... before that it was set to AutoCAD Architecture (US Metric). Anyhow, after changing the setting and then setting it back again, I no longer had the "Tool Palettes - All \Palettes" with"walls", "slabs", "roofs" etc.

Can anyone set me straight as to how to access this tool palette, when I am in the AutoCAD mode (rather than in ACA)???

I really do not understand much of this and find that I am hitting and missing as I plot along!?

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous

Did you get any constructive feedback on the toolbar/menu settings?

AutoCAD 2011 - each time that I close down and re-open AutoCAD, my settings in "Profile" (Options dialogue box), return to "AutoCAD Architecture (US Imperial)".

This is the only time that I can access the Tool Palette that I want (with 3d "walls", "slabs", "roofs", etc).

If I change this to Architecture (US Metric), the tool palette changes and I can no longer access the above tools!?

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

That could be okay if it is easy to add our favourite tools to the 3D ribbon set up ...

Does anyone know how to add the common "stretch", "mirror", "trim", "extend", as well as edit tools for hatching, break lines, text etc ?

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous

All I want is to be able to add to the ribbon or make my own customised tool bar that I am accustomed to ... this is so distressing and I am so disappointed with AutoCAD Architecture 2011

Message 15 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you for your reply ... makes sense that the upgrades have made the new programs less user friendly, and we are forced to get used to huge changes!

Unfortunately, huge leaps/upgrades are not "efficient" or "practical" for everyday users ... only for the young bright sparks which are doing the programming, think so!

Subsequently too much downtime, to learn these leaps and changes, is required and Autodesk should be looking at that, otherwise the other competitors will overtake them!

Its the usual old consideration ... take care of your customers first! (they are actually paying the salaries!)

Bright sparks are all well and good, but do they have the experience or think things through!?\
The customer should come first!!! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report