AutoCAD Architecture Customization
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Customization Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture Customization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 button mouse

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
338 Views, 5 Replies

5 button mouse

hello all.

can anyone point me in the right direction to customize the 4th and 5th
buttons on my intellimouse?

I'd like to set my 4th button to use transparent osnaps end mid int cen per.

Thanks for your help,

Michael Willette
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

you can use the F11 and F12 (check the original mapping before you
change it) and map it to the button in the intellimouse menu and then
in acad mns add the accelerator (under ***ACCELERATORS section)
{"F12"]osnaps you want
thats it

Michael Willette wrote:
>
> hello all.
>
> can anyone point me in the right direction to customize the 4th and 5th
> buttons on my intellimouse?
>
> I'd like to set my 4th button to use transparent osnaps end mid int cen per.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Michael Willette

--

-------------------
Nauman M
CAD Bazaar
Need to easily Navigate to your Custom Content Folders?
Need Autolayering for Dimensions without going through Design Center?
Download the updated ADT Tools for ADT 2 & 3 at
http://www.cadbazaar.com
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

I tought I remebered there being a per application setting on the 5 button mouse so that you could set those buttons to be back and forward when using IE and copy and paste when using word or excel and the f3 and f8 when in Autocad. Does anybody know about the possibility of this? Was it a software thing or maybe a logiteck mouse was used. If anybody knows a way to accomplish this it would be very helpful.

Thanks

James Morales
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

That would be a function of your mouse software. The IntelliPoint software that comes with a Microsoft five-button Intellimouse offers this feature. It works fine at home on XP Pro, but I have never been able to get it to work at the office, on Windows 2000 and never had the time to troll through the Microsoft website to see if there is a solution.

--

David Koch
Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

I've got the intellimouse, but you may need to get the 4.1 version of their mouseware driver. If I remember correctly, they stripped some functionality out of the 5.0 version. The nicest thing is the ability to program buttons separately for different programs, i.e. ACAD.EXE. I've got the a couple of function keys mapped to the 4th and 5th buttons. Cool thing is, it doesn't change the way Internet Explorer works with those buttons (back and forward). CraigV "David_W._Koch" wrote in message news:23722147.1096497042519.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > That would be a function of your mouse software. The IntelliPoint > software that comes with a Microsoft five-button Intellimouse offers this > feature. It works fine at home on XP Pro, but I have never been able to > get it to work at the office, on Windows 2000 and never had the time to > troll through the Microsoft website to see if there is a solution. > > -- > > David Koch > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Yes this is exactly what I want Do you know where I can get the 4.1 version?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost