AutoCAD Architecture Wishes (Read Only)
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multi-View Blocks much needed improvements.

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
CivicDesignDevelopment
506 Views, 1 Reply

Multi-View Blocks much needed improvements.

I'm running 2009 so if any of these have been addressed with later releases I apologize.

1. Make MVB's annotative status a checkbox rather than determined on whether there is an annotative block within the MVB.

2. Allow annotative blocks within a non-annotative MVB to remain annotative while the rest of the views don't scale. This way you can have symbols to 3D objects such as electrical plans and hardware.

3. Make a routine for creation of MVBs where you can quickly select blocks in drawing view. For instance, check off the views you want to include, click Apply, and then select the blocks or line work in plan view like you would in selecting profiles. It should take no more than 15-20 seconds to make a MVB once the blocks are created, in my opinion. Not several minutes of scrolling through hundreds of blocks for each view for each MVB.

4. MVBs Styles. Imagine the possibilities... All my plumbing fixtures knowing what blocks to display in each display representation without having to manually select which blocks to show for EACH AND EVERY MVB LIKE YOU DO NOW. And then to boot, you can adjust display properties within the style, and not have to make whole new blocks for each view like screened view, reflected, and so on. You'd have model view blocks with material definitions like components in other AEC objects. This is a biggie.

5. Cut planes as mentioned in previous post. This would probably go hand-in-hand with styles.

I know I had more thoughts and ideas but that's about all I can remember now.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Dynamic blocks should work within MVB's. 

They supposedly moved the ADT team in with the Acad team so functionality would be syncronised but alas how many versions later and it's not even on the radar.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report