AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

xref's disappearing from views

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
272 Views, 2 Replies

xref's disappearing from views

We are using ACA2010 and use the project navigator to bring constructs into views then bring the views into sheets, which has been working great, but in the last few months we have gone to a sheet only to find that the view no longer contains the constructs. I was working on a project on Friday and the Site Plan view no longer had the site xrefed into it which I fixed, now today the Site Plan is fine but the Roof Plan is empty. This is not the 1st project this has happened to but it is the 1st time it has happened to me so I know nobody changed something they should not have. Is there a known bug in 2010 or something I should check. I don't want this to happen to the Floor Plan if it does I will lose all my dimensions. Thanks for any help

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ToanDN
in reply to: Anonymous

Constructs to Views = Attach mode

Views to Sheets = Overlay mode

Check you Views and see if the reference mode is changed from Attach to Overlay.  Sometime it happens if someone accidentally double click on an xref in the xref dialog.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thank you for your reply but the xref's were attached and not overlayed and also the view was in a sheet and had been printed. When I went to edit the view the xref's were not in the view, it was like they never existed.  This seems to be a random problem in that it will effect one view dwg one day the a different one the next, as of this morning everything is working fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost