AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

x-ref problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Lala518
447 Views, 8 Replies

x-ref problem

I just upgraded to 2010 from 2009 and now I can't x-ref anything. The box comes up, but I can't attach anything. I click on the Attach DWG button, and nothing happens. I've checked multiple drawings, all with the same results.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: Lala518

Which "box" comes up? what button does nothing?

Message 3 of 9
Lala518

I guess I should've been more clear.

I type in XR

The external references pallette box comes up

I click on the insert dwg button (or insert dxf, or pdf, or any of the choices)

Nothing happens.

I've had to go back to using 2009 to insert my x-ref's

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Thanks, I just needed to make sure we were using the same command.

By clicking on that button, a new pop-up appears for you to select the DWG: my guess is that is off screen or hidden behind something. Did you just switch from dual-screen setup, or currently not using an external monitor as a recent change?

Message 5 of 9
Lala518
in reply to: pendean

I haven't used a dual screen. Your question makes sense, because the screen blinks like there should be something popping up, but it doesn't. I've minimized the program & looked around, but can't find anything. It's very strange. I've been doing this for 15 years, and have never had anything like this happen.

Message 6 of 9
Lala518

Also, the command line reads _XATTACH when I click the insert button, but no pop up.

Message 7 of 9
pendean

Start XREF command, click on the button, when nothing appears type ALT+SPACEBAR, then M (this is for move), then use the keyboard arrow keys until it re-appears.

Message 8 of 9
Lala518

No luck. When I type the ALT+SPACEBAR I get the popup in the upper left with the options: Restore, Move, Size, Minimize, etc. But, Move is grayed out & not an option. using the arrows scrolls thru the options, but nothing else.

Message 9 of 9
Lala518

I just found that I can use the -XREF command at the command line fine. Just can't use xattach.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost