AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walls only display standard wall type

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tjthomas
892 Views, 1 Reply

walls only display standard wall type

I'm trying to make walls that are not just the Standard type (Brick -4 Brick -4 Furring for example) but when I make a wall of this type, it displays as a simple rectangle, instead of with the unique hatch patterns of that wall type...In the properties palette, the wall type is Standard, even though I've chosen a more specific wall type.  How do I make walls that aren't Standard?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: tjthomas

Have you deleted, moved or altered the style files that are included with ACA?  I assume you are trying to use the out-of-the-box Brick-4 Brick-4 tool palette tool [Walls tool palette, Design tool palette group].  If so, and the Walls you then create use the Standard style, that generally means that the source file specified in the tool's properties either cannot be found at the specified location or that the style specified does not exist in that file.

If you right click on the tool and choose Properties from the context menu, you should be able to check the Style and Style location properties to see the name of the Style and the path and file name of the source file from which ACA will try to pull the Style, if it does not already exist in your drawing.  See the attached image for what my Brick-4 Brick-4 tool's properties look like.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost